The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
66Gilbert
1966 Crew Cab & 4X4 Fanatic

Re: Another Crewcab build

66Z71,

The door looks like it is coming out pretty well. Can't wait to see this when it is finished. Keep up the good work!! Here is a photoshop pic from member XXL from over in the photoshop forum. I am trying to get him to photoshop it with the long bed from the original photo. This is what you would call an early version of a MEGA CAB before Dodge ever thought of it.
Attached Images

66Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
66Gilbert
1966 Crew Cab & 4X4 Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Gilbert View Post
66Z71,

The door looks like it is coming out pretty well. Can't wait to see this when it is finished. Keep up the good work!! Here is a photoshop pic from member XXL from over in the photoshop forum. I am trying to get him to photoshop it with the long bed from the original photo. This is what you would call an early version of a MEGA CAB before Dodge ever thought of it.
Ask and you shall receive. LONGHAIR has photoshoped the request for the long bed version of this truck. I will call it 1966 MEGA BIG K10
Attached Images

Last edited by 66Gilbert; 02-16-2009 at 11:50 PM.
66Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
66Z71

Damnd you guys. I was just taking a quick break before cutting the rear door, and I see this. That is awsome. I took a longer break and thought it over. Even though it looks great, it would look out of proportion with a short bed. So that means almost 3ft longer. The frame would have to be stretched. It would be a pain to drive something that long. And I need to keep it simple enough that it gets finished.
So it's back to the original plan. Someone else will have to build this one.
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
66Z71

Ok, here's the rear door. I'm starting to get better at window frames. So I decide to start there. Quick nip and tuck at the top, and the bottom swung back into place. I braced the top to the inside first so it wouldn't move around. The window frame is pretty floppy when its cut loose.

The door curves in for the front 4 inches or so. I split the door jam, and clamped the outter skin to a piece of angle iron to hold it straigh, then filled in the gap left. There's still lots to be done to get the inside jam to line up. The front pillar is definatly thinner than the rear. I'm still not sure what to do about it. The window channel is 3/4 wide just like the rear, so I can't just split the jam, and widen it. I either have to split it inside & out, and widen both sides, or live with a slight misalignment on the inside.

Well, time to quit for the weekend. Here it is clamped to the front door. There is still some work to do to line them up, but I'm feelin like its doable.

Last edited by 66Z71; 03-07-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Picture links were broken
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Z71 View Post
Ok, here's the rear door. I'm starting to get better at window frames. So I decide to start there. Quick nip and tuck at the top, and the bottom swung back into place. I braced the top to the inside first so it wouldn't move around. The window frame is pretty floppy when its cut loose.

The door curves in for the front 4 inches or so. I split the door jam, and clamped the outter skin to a piece of angle iron to hold it straigh, then filled in the gap left. There's still lots to be done to get the inside jam to line up. The front pillar is definatly thinner than the rear. I'm still not sure what to do about it. The window channel is 3/4 wide just like the rear, so I can't just split the jam, and widen it. I either have to split it inside & out, and widen both sides, or live with a slight misalignment on the inside.

Well, time to quit for the weekend. Here it is clamped to the front door. There is still some work to do to line them up, but I'm feelin like its doable.
Just reread your entire Build thread & found you have a Broken link for the Pics in this Post, You are doing a Great Job with you Build & am Sure a Lot of us are Following along with your Creative Vision.......

Thanks, Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
toomanytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
Strodder
Daring to be Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoyz View Post
Just reread your entire Build thread & found you have a Broken link for the Pics in this Post, You are doing a Great Job with you Build & am Sure a Lot of us are Following along with your Creative Vision.......

Thanks, Rick
That's all the cars you have.
KUSTOM RIDES
FACE BOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291198124258863/
1965 C-10 Short Bed 350/700r4
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2016 Honda Accord w/ 18" rims
2007 Honda Goldwing Trike w/ NAVI
2001 Yamaha Roadstar Indian look alike
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...WOW!...what an amazing ride!"
Live Life Passionately!!!

[/COLOR]

I AM WE TODD IT, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
Strodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Dinos63
chevy only

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Gilbert View Post
Ask and you shall receive. Moderator LONGHAIR has photoshoped the request for the long bed version of this truck. I will call it 1966 MEGA BIG K10
thats just cool very cool