The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Lazy weekend. Worked on the trans cooler. In 85 I got a cooling condenser out of a small HVAC unit and had a contractor friend braze on some barb fittings. I ran high temp hoses to the trans, it worked fine. I decided to move it to the frame rail under the passenger floor well, I figure it is large enough to work there. If it heats up I left room for a fan. Took about 2 hours to straighten out all the fins, a couple more to decide how to plumb it (flare vs. ??) ended up decidiing to extend the 3/8" copper and use the barbs with short hoses at the trans. That will give me some flexibility. I made up the frame mounts, it will mount to the top or the frame when I pull the cab for final blocking.
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
OrrieG

Spent Saturday making a cardboard mock up of box for behind the seat only to confirm that it would be useless, 5" wide x 18" deep. Now looking at just matching the curved line of the cab and portable storage or speaker boxes. Bolted on the radiator support and inner panels, cut out for the ps lines and steeriing column. Also started mocking up the shroud. The "new" radiator is out of a 1.5 ton truck. Its 1" thicker and 24" wide, much larger than the old 1/2 ton one.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
OrrieG

Attacked the front clip, got everything stripped, rust welded up in the driver fender and a few other small parts. Cleaned the garage so I can shoot some etch prime and chassis black. Tedious but progress.
Attached Images