The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #76
Bears63
...just another truck junkie..

Re: All these lowered trucks ??

Well, since pics are being posted I'll throw up a couple of my ugly stock height trucks . Okay, stock height or not they are just ugly . This is when the threads get interesting, pics get posted up. I am not afraid to admit that there are many very beautiful lowered trucks out there. I still just don't care for the look. I appreciate the work and effort that has gone into it, though. This is a hobby and we all have different ways of enjoying the hobby. My method just happens to include leaving trucks stock height. The differences in views, opinions, and tastes is what makes this hobby truly fascinating. Anyway, on to my wrecks. Sorry, I use any excuse I can to post pics

Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #77
monte0185

I personally agree with the lowering of a 2wd and the raising of a 4wd theory!! Now the dropped to the ground trucks dont necessarily appeal to me but hey to each his own!! I will be lowering my SWB 2wd but my long wheelbase will stay stock looking simply cause I will be using it as a truck!!! However I will never say anything bad about someone elses truck cause its their truck and their hard work that went into it.

Now the ones that completely baffle me are these. I dont get it?? Why lower a dually??? But again to each his own.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #78
c10addict

I think Duallys look the best hammered on the ground! And if done properly it still can be used as a truck.. This truck was bagged the day it came home from the dealership, has almost 200k on it, pulls a 48ft trailer and has never had any suspension/bag issues.. I attached a pic of it the day it came home from the dealer to show the difference a little altitude adjustment makes..
Attached Images

54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #79
69chevybmx

In the words of Happy Gilmore: "Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a $#!+"

Do what you want, its your money. Some people have mullets, some have buzz cuts. Its all in personal preference. If everyone restored it to original, then all of us wouldn't be able to bicker like a bunch of old ladies.

Three cheers for this thread!
69chevybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #80
big_al_71

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
I think Duallys look the best hammered on the ground! And if done properly it still can be used as a truck.. This truck was bagged the day it came home from the dealership, has almost 200k on it, pulls a 48ft trailer and has never had any suspension/bag issues.. I attached a pic of it the day it came home from the dealer to show the difference a little altitude adjustment makes..
that dually is out of control bad ass!!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #81
LOW DOUGH
I'M TRUCK CRAZY!

I really like to see a slammed dually
LOW DOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #82
jbristo67
resident oilfield trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Well I thought I was going to say something about our barfing buddy, but it looks like redneckgirl said it all.

I love em lowered or lifted. Those stock height trucks make me a bit queasy...

Sorry mrein3, better grab your barf bag.
Now thats one ugly truck

1986 Honda 70 Fourtrax

1991 Chevrolet K5 blazer 2wd

1982 Mastercraft Pro Star 190 Stars and Stripes

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2011 Nissan Armada

jbristo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #83
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

I'm sorry, but NONE of these trucks will ever be worth what a '63 split window is worth....nor are they as rare.

That said, STOCK SUCKS
Hell yes, I'll b@stardize an original 4x4 blazer to make it a 2wd. Hell yes, I'll cut the frame for the c-notch, hell yes, I'll yank the original junk engine out of it in favor of an EFI LSx.....

IMO, these trucks are fugly in stock form, but look amazing when modified...be it lifted or lowered.

$.02
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #84
monte0185

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
C10 I agree that looks sharp and what makes it look sharp is its still functional!!! I guess im getting old and believe a dually is bought for work and by sitting it on the ground its worthless for that purpose. But to each his own im not going to knock anyone for doing it as its yours and its your money doing it so if anything im jealous cause i dont have the money to do things like that.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #85
49gmc

personally i like lowered truck becuase its what i like, not because its what everyone is doing

so if in 15 years the fad is out, I DONT CARE! ill still be doing it because its what I like

my goal is to have 2 67-72 suburbans:
one 2wd, one 4x4

and i want to be able to park one of them underneath the other!

-1949 GMC 100 longbed

-1972 chevy c/20 suburban

-1982 chevy k-5 blazer
49gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #86
BluTrukker
BOHICA

I have to say I like 2wd lowered a couple inches to level it out, but not dragging frame. 4X4 up a little, but not like bigfoot. If it is an original low miles high option pefectly mint truck, don't cut it, there are plenty of non-original trucks out there to modify to your liking. These are only my personal opinions and tastes. No matter what you like, everyone here is doing their part to keep them out of the crusher, so it is a good thing.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #87
UltraBlue71

I cut 2 inches out of my 3/4 tons front coils and had my rear leaves dearched, my old man asks " why didnt ya switch it to a half ton then?" I said so I can cruise or farm, I get the best of both worlds, for real though, why not a 3/4 ton lowrider? Dana 60's rock!

71 LWB
UltraBlue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #88
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTrukker View Post
No matter what you like, everyone here is doing their part to keep them out of the crusher, so it is a good thing.
Great point!!
Turbo diesel
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #89
Raguemoe

Wow! What I find odd is that people have time to worry about what other people do with their trucks (or time,money,houses,wives etc...) If I listened to other people, I wouldn't have my house, family, job or any of my chevys.

That's what I love about this forum it has something for everyone!
Raguemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #90
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #91
wdrthird

Heres my truck. Its got big chrome wheels, air bags, a hole cut in the bed, and a monster notch in the frame. It doesnt scrape body or lay frame, but what it does do is look the way "I" want it to. Some people may see it as ruined, wasted, or junk, but I see it as a chance for a pile of parts to live once more. It was built from the frame of one truck, body parts from others, the engine from something else, the tranny from something different, etc. etc. and some new parts. We may not all agree on what looks "good", but I think we can all agree that its better than seeing it end up in the scrap yard. Lowered trucks are here to stay. Sorry if this pic makes anyone "barf" on their keyboard!
Attached Images

'71 C10 Short Fleet, 454, TH400, Vintage Air, 4 Wheel discs, Posi, New bed sides/rockers/bumpers, Relocated tank, Bagged, Step notch, 20/22's

http://www.myspace.com/ndweedz

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrthird

"My lugnuts require more torque than your Honda makes"
wdrthird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #92
SactoJim

A plausible argument for lowered trucks:

It's a safely issue.....lowered center of gravity = less chance of a roll-over!

Would've made Ralph Nader proud!

Seriously....that's why I lowered mine........

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!
Attached Images

- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #93
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrthird View Post
Heres my truck. Its got big chrome wheels, air bags, a hole cut in the bed, and a monster notch in the frame. It doesnt scrape body or lay frame, but what it does do is look the way "I" want it to. Some people may see it as ruined, wasted, or junk, but I see it as a chance for a pile of parts to live once more. It was built from the frame of one truck, body parts from others, the engine from something else, the tranny from something different, etc. etc. and some new parts. We may not all agree on what looks "good", but I think we can all agree that its better than seeing it end up in the scrap yard. Lowered trucks are here to stay. Sorry if this pic makes anyone "barf" on their keyboard!
Sorry dude, I didn't barf...but I got something else on my keyboard....

Nice rig!
Turbo diesel
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #94
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
and then Asa comes along posting pics of his rides and I drool all over the keyboard.

thanks a lot!
+1 on that. The shortie has the perfect stance for This model of two wheel drive truck. Low but not too low and with what appears to be a static drop

I appreciate the trucks no matter if they are stone stock, lifted 4x4"s or dropped two wheel drive rigs.
The only thing I don't want to see is one that is unsafe to drive and may be a hazard to me and mine and you and yours. Lately I've seen way too many hack jobs in all phases of vehicles. That was usually reserved for the redneck 4x4 guys up in this area who did extreme body and chassis lifts without much regard to safety but now it has spread to dropped rigs with modifications that don't show any consideration for safety.

As for liking or not liking certain styles I like them all but tend to not pay a lot of attention to the majority of stone stock rigs and even less attention to slammed rigs with grossly oversized wheels. It isn't that I don't like them but to me stock trucks are rather boring and don't hold my attention. The others just look a bit silly and unpractical but maybe I'm just way too old to appreciate that sort of thing.

If I happened to be at a show with someone else from here and I didn't like his truck you would never hear me comment on it. You just wouldn't find a photo in my album of it.

There are some things I don't get and never will. The fascination with being able to drop the rig to the ground and throw sparks while driving down the street. Plus pulling in and setting the rockers or running boards on the ground with the tires laying in like the front crossmember just broke on the way in. I just wonder how long it will be before we read on here about one of the members who had a bad wreck because the air bags or air lines blew at highway speeds and the truck dropped to the ground causing a massive wreck an killing himself or someone else. Sooner or later it will happen.

Do what you want but first stand back and ask yourself, "is this going to be as safe as I can make it to drive on the road under all conditions I might meet"?
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #95
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Well I thought I was going to say something about our barfing buddy, but it looks like redneckgirl said it all.

I love em lowered or lifted. Those stock height trucks make me a bit queasy...

Sorry mrein3, better grab your barf bag.

It's not the sick bag I need when I see your Truck mate....it's a change of underwear.

Absolutely Stunning!!!

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #96
magsnubby

Oh my God!!!!I think i'm in love....uhh....i mean....you just ruined a beautiful car. Could you please ship it to me so i can give it the love and care it deserves?

magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #97
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
*Cut the Dash
OK!!

Oh, and like my sig line says: "If ya don't like a hacked up truck, don't look at my build thread!"

And yeah, Ken's truck makes me want to build another 81!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 05-07-2009 at 08:48 PM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #98
wdrthird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
Sorry dude, I didn't barf...but I got something else on my keyboard....

Nice rig!

LMAO Thanks man
'71 C10 Short Fleet, 454, TH400, Vintage Air, 4 Wheel discs, Posi, New bed sides/rockers/bumpers, Relocated tank, Bagged, Step notch, 20/22's

http://www.myspace.com/ndweedz

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrthird

"My lugnuts require more torque than your Honda makes"
wdrthird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #99
Painter D

What an entertaining thread we got goin here.

'63 Buick Riviera ... AccuAir E-level, 20" Billet Specialties (Vintecs)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=528853&page=5
Painter D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #100
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

be still my heart!!!

wdrthird, that rig is s i c k.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote