The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
sams60gmc

Re: my build thread

Went to the junk yard today and picked up a set of 5 lug rally wheels. Talked the guy down to 50 dollars (he said it was his unemployed discount) Decent tires on them. I didn't realize it til I had got them home that I got 3 wide ones and 1 narrow one. My plan is to run wide ones in the back and narrow ones up front so I just gotta find one narrow one and see if I can trade out a wide one. Now I can put in my rear end since I have wheels to set it down on.
Attached Images

1960 GMC short fleet, full frame build...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329718
sams60gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

Good job....glad to see the hunting a gathering went well.
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
sams60gmc

A progress update, no pics because its dark outside and I usually work at night or in the early morning because its getting to hot. Tore my front end all apart and cleaned and painted the cross member. Still haven't got to the A arms yet looks like one of them might be bent. Maybe a front end wreck or something. But I can go grab a new one if thats the case.

And something a little off topic but I've always loved old school pinstriping and always been facinated with the art. So I ordered a brush and I'm gonna see what I can do, I've always been pretty artistic so we'll see. I posted an ad on Craigslist for left over paint and a guy that ran the Roe Motors GM body shop here in town told me if your learning you can come down and pick out all the paint you need. So I got 5 cans of PPG, probably roughly 2.5 quarts of misc. colors to practice with, and he said come down and grab more if you need it! So as soon as my brush gets here its time to practice practice practice!!!

1960 GMC short fleet, full frame build...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329718
sams60gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sams60gmc View Post
A progress update, no pics because its dark outside and I usually work at night or in the early morning because its getting to hot. Tore my front end all apart and cleaned and painted the cross member. Still haven't got to the A arms yet looks like one of them might be bent. Maybe a front end wreck or something. But I can go grab a new one if thats the case.

And something a little off topic but I've always loved old school pinstriping and always been facinated with the art. So I ordered a brush and I'm gonna see what I can do, I've always been pretty artistic so we'll see. I posted an ad on Craigslist for left over paint and a guy that ran the Roe Motors GM body shop here in town told me if your learning you can come down and pick out all the paint you need. So I got 5 cans of PPG, probably roughly 2.5 quarts of misc. colors to practice with, and he said come down and grab more if you need it! So as soon as my brush gets here its time to practice practice practice!!!

Keep us posted on how your pinstriping goes as well as progress on your truck.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote