The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I got the fuel regulator and pressure guage ready to mount. The oil pan was off to attempt another fix of the timing chain cover to oil pan leak. That's already back in place. I switched where the temp probe goes into the intake so it is not squished under the radiator hose. I replaced the tranny dip stick O-ring and I have a new rear seal for the drive shaft yoke on order. I have new tranny and motor mounts for it too. I'm thinking about replacing the harmonic balancer because that little one is hard to judge the timing on so far from the tab. And I think I'm going to get new alternator brackets for it also.

I think it turned out pretty nice so far.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
lyrikz
PITbut

Im gonna respond and say your doing a good job.. Keep up the work... What you will notice as your doing the build is you seem to just be getting deeper and deeper with no end, then you will round the corner and the finished poduct will start to appear....

Im also responding because it sucks when you put up pics of your build and no one responds to them ..... like mine.

Good job yo.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
Im gonna respond and say your doing a good job.. Keep up the work... What you will notice as your doing the build is you seem to just be getting deeper and deeper with no end, then you will round the corner and the finished poduct will start to appear....

Im also responding because it sucks when you put up pics of your build and no one responds to them ..... like mine.

Good job yo.
Thanks. I know I'm not really doing anything revolutionary here, so I don't expect a lot of input. It's a good record for myself. I am doing some things I haven't seen here before though, like panel adhesive, and I think most people will really dig my new track bar, might have that on here in a day or 2.

I'm actually surprised how easy it's been so far with the cab off the frame. It's not that hard, but seems like a huge step. Just have to have the space for it and the patience.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Thanks. I know I'm not really doing anything revolutionary here, so I don't expect a lot of input. It's a good record for myself. I am doing some things I haven't seen here before though, like panel adhesive, and I think most people will really dig my new track bar, might have that on here in a day or 2.

I'm actually surprised how easy it's been so far with the cab off the frame. It's not that hard, but seems like a huge step. Just have to have the space for it and the patience.
Kinda in the same boat... Im not doing anything fancy, but am doing a lot it seems... I didnt really do much of anything until i got this truck... I have done some body work, but not welding in new panels and all that stuff... Dont let it get ya down like i do if no one responds... You got alot of lookers and we all love pics.... Maybe go post on my page so i dont feel so alone. AHAHHA

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
Maybe go post on my page so i dont feel so alone. AHAHHA