The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
vtblazer

Re: Custom bumpers

Wouldn't take to much to transform yours into the one you want, might be the easiest means to an end from the sound of his latest e-mail.

Shame though, if this vendor would only realize the loyalty he'd gain from the 1st gen crowd by taking care of this matter without question.

His site is always coming up as having one of the best looking K5 bumpers out there (using the white blazer as an example) he should realize that if he only stood behind his products, the potential sales he could be making would more than cover any losses happening this time around.

Last edited by vtblazer; 06-30-2009 at 06:10 AM.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Burt4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
Wouldn't take to much to transform yours into the one you want, might be the easiest means to an end from the sound of his latest e-mail.

Shame though, if this vendor would only realize the loyalty he'd gain from the 1st gen crowd by taking care of this matter without question.

His site is always coming up as having one of the best looking K5 bumpers out there (using the white blazer as an example) he should realize that if he only stood behind his products, the potential sales he could be making would more than cover any losses happening this time around.
Ya I agree with both points, the bumper can easly be modified and he SHOULD have just 'did the right thing' off the bat, instead of answering questions with questions. Shame some venders just push the product out the door with no sence of pride for customer satisfaction! Ah News FLASH = without customers there is no business
Old 06-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
swyfor5

Exactly, just what I was thinking. I sent him another e-mail as soon as I got home today. I said maybe we could work something out along the lines of- he bends me 2 new outside prerunner/grill guard tubes to match those like the pic of the white k5, and I'll cut these 2 off, and weld the 2 new ones he sends me on myself! I think that might just work, to make it look closer to how I wanted it to look. That will cost me some time and labor, but might just be the best way to fix this situation! Probably have to have the entire bumper repainted afer the refab, but oh well, might be a better paint job than the one I got from him! I'm not saying the quality of this bumper was bad, I am just not happy paying $856.00, and not being able to install this bumper yet! At this point in my dealing with KenMtnAc, I am not a happy camper, and I would hold off doing any business with them till I see how this plays out! Has anybody else had any problems with them? I'll keep you guy's posted almost daily!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Burt4x4

All I remember is it took over 7weeks to get it and when mounted to my K5 it mounted too close for my winch too fit without cutting the grill. So I had to modefy the mounting plates. At this same time I rember another K5er that bought one and he bent the winch mounting plate while winching at an angle so that is why I added two gussets to the underside of the winch mounting plate.
Good Luck DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
swyfor5

Thank's, I think I will need it. We'll see if he answers my last e-mail. He said he would be back on 7-2-09, so that's tomorrow. I guess if he won't do anything, I 'll just do it myself. Yes, I am planning on following your example, and bracing it good, "thank's for all the good pic's" by the way. I figured there would be more KMTN bumpers out there, but so far only yours? Think maybe I'll post up a couple threads on the other forums and see if I get any feedback. Just wanna hear I'm not the only one to get screwed by this guy.
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
Burt4x4

loooooooong time ago over at www.coloradok5.com there were atleast two other rigs that bought from them, one of them was Steve, the owner of CK5..I think he had the rear swing out tire carrier..not first gen trucks but K5s. been too long to remember the issues with KMA...waiting for ever is all I can remeber people *****ing about. Post up the the Garage over there and ask. I think the Garage fourm is free, the rest you gotta pay..
Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
bigbadchev72
People know me

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyfor5 View Post
I guess if he won't do anything, I 'll just do it myself.
Please dont take this like a whooped dog, You still have options and have paid out alot of money on abumper that YOU wanted. He is basicly trying to say No this is what your getting even if you paid for something you wanted.

I would definately file a complaint with the cc company and make him refund you money for the hassle that you are gonna have to go through to make it what you wanted in the first place.

If you dont take a stand and MAKE him do the right thing, He will have no consequences and just keep doing it to the next guy and so on
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
vtblazer

So just to clarify, you ordered the "customized stage 2 wincher", with the option's shown, correct?
They say it's modified for that particular customer.
(maybe that's where some of the confusion set in)

This pic is directly from their web site.

I couldn't even find a pic of the one they sent you on their site...

At this point, I'm kinda leaning towards bigbad's angle, make the guy provide you with what you ordered.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote