The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #26
Cyrus

Re: This area has gotten to be quite chatty lately.

I have an idea! How about breaking it up into separate Chevy and GMC sections, so I don't have to deal with all these damn Chevrolet people! LOL. Just kidding!
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #27
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
http://47-59chevytrucks.com That work for ya?
You Rock Josh!!
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #28
pgf545

I think it is pretty darn cool that this section is getting some movement. When I first started posting my thread would stay on the front page for weeks....now it is off in a couple of days. That can only mean that there are more of these older trucks being built!!!! Plus this is the best truck site on the net!!!!!!!

Bernie
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #29
steve53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
http://47-59chevytrucks.com That work for ya?

hell yeah

1st Armored Division, OIF Veteran
steve53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #30
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf545 View Post
I think it is pretty darn cool that this section is getting some movement. When I first started posting my thread would stay on the front page for weeks....now it is off in a couple of days. That can only mean that there are more of these older trucks being built!!!! Plus this is the best truck site on the net!!!!!!!

Bernie
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp51chevy View Post
I think that we as a site should expand our horizons and include all of the earlier Chevy and GMC trucks also, 1947 first and older. I would think that there are so many of those guys that might find this place and leave because there isn't a section for them. I think that we might be missing out on a lot of awesome builds and ideas from those guys as well. I think it's a shame that we stop at the AD body style. What about cab overs also? There are so many things that we are missing out on. Why not support all Chevy and GMC trucks?

Thanks
Nick
Very good points. The early years had been brought up several times in the past amongst staff. At the time, the early year trucks we had were so slow, it just did not warrant it. It may be time to rehash that again.

I know there has been discussion about an area for one tons etc. Check out the site feedback area and get your opinions out there as well. You guys are our eyes and ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylow53 View Post
i also would like to thank the team for this site. i wouldn't change too much.
2 things though

1st is there any chance the truck of the month can have more older trucks. it's been quite rare to see anything from the 50's in there...

B.) file limit sizes... i think you have fixed this of late and most uploads are large enough, but could we use larger files in both file size and megabits. i know this can kill a server but if it's possible it would be nice.

3rd.) possible source of income for this site may be "buy your build book". essentially take you build page and print it out comments and all to a folder.
charge per page and offer laminate picts... I know i would consider this purchase. i could see spending 100 bucks on a notebook that i could take to car shows...

over all I'm very proud to be on this site and it has helped me a bunch
Greg Taylor
Also good ideas.
Truck of the Month is a nomination basis. If you guys want to see more of your styles in there then nominate them. You can also touch base with palf70step, who handles the ToTM, with suggestions and comments about themes that would fit your trucks.

File size is an issue. As the server grows, we know it kills it. The site is migrating to a new bigger badder server shortly. We had hoped to have it done by the end of Aug, but well didnt happen. If you guys have specific large files you need hosted, you can always ask Josh on a per item basis for now. Hopefully we can increase it a little soon.

The last is a neat idea. It is definitely something I will present to the admins for discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
this site is alsome i just happen to trip over it several years ago, looking for info on my 71, saw the ammount of info on here and i signed up i triped over liz's toes a few time when i was new. but we work past it. Me and bill are here to help you guys with any thing u need. any problems here let me and bill know and we will do what ever we can to help you guys out. btw thanks bill for jumping in and helping out!
you saying I got big feet???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL 58 GMC View Post
Hey Liz, since there so much traffic going on here on the 48 to 59 board may you all can change this site from 67-72chevytrucks.com to 48-72chevytrucks.com!!!
See how awesome that works. You guys present a thought or idea and it happens. Glad to see that was easily implemented for you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I have an idea! How about breaking it up into separate Chevy and GMC sections, so I don't have to deal with all these damn Chevrolet people! LOL. Just kidding!
Ya know.. I have asked that for years We are a divided family.. I always had GMCs and Josh had Chevys. He is learning that I am right though... hes even looking at putting a GMC grill etc on our dually, so it isnt the ugly one
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #32
Dan in Pasadena

Post Re: This area has gotten to be quite chatty lately.

Quote:
I think that we as a site should expand our horizons and include all of the earlier Chevy and GMC trucks also, 1947 first and older. I would think that there are so many of those guys that might find this place and leave because there isn't a section for them. I think that we might be missing out on a lot of awesome builds and ideas from those guys as well. I think it's a shame that we stop at the AD body style. What about cab overs also? There are so many things that we are missing out on. Why not support all Chevy and GMC trucks?

Thanks
Nick
I can't agree more. I came here while I was searching for a '65-66 or a '67-68. What I ended up finding was a great deal on a '46 1/2 ton shortbed that already had a 350/350, full independent suspension and 4 wheel discs. I mention all that because it goes to show I have a lot in common with the '47-'72 era trucks.

I much prefer this site to your competition cause they don't allow photos in their threads. PLEASE consider adding earlier truck content. My truck is being rewired right now and I want to post a thread about it here.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #33
Kim57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I can't agree more. I came here while I was searching for a '65-66 or a '67-68. What I ended up finding was a great deal on a '46 1/2 ton shortbed that already had a 350/350, full independent suspension and 4 wheel discs. I mention all that because it goes to show I have a lot in common with the '47-'72 era trucks.

I much prefer this site to your competition cause they don't allow photos in their threads. PLEASE consider adding earlier truck content. My truck is being rewired right now and I want to post a thread about it here.
Dan in Pasadena
I don't think anyone would mind if you did a thread on your truck. We all love pics and new ideas are always welcome.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #34
Dan in Pasadena

I hope you're right. If the moderators tell me to "cease & desist" I will of course. It would just be too bad because I think the owners of the p
re '47 trucks have a lot more in common with this site than they do with others.

I'm on vacation right now but as soon as I get home I'm supposed to be able to pick up my truck. Once I get pix I'll post them to show what's been done. If there's much response maybe the site will see there's some interest in the older trucks and may open a section?

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 09-03-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #35
nickp51chevy
Registered Chevy Owner

Dan, I posted in the feed back area about adding sections for the older trucks and COE's. Everyone should go to it and show their support for getting the older trucks on here with us.
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=360990

Maybe if enough people show their interest in it the mod's will start up a section for it.

1970 Chevy CST C10 long box 350/400
2008 Chevy Silverado short box 4x4

Had;
1951 Chevy short box 307/T5
1988 Chevy shot box 4x4 350/350
1971 Chevy C10 long box 4x4 350/350
1971 Chevy C20 long box 350/350
1971 Chevy C10 long box 350/350
nickp51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #36
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I hope you're right. If the moderators tell me to "cease & desist" I will of course. It would just be too bad because I think the owners of the p
re '47 trucks have a lot more in common with this site than they do with others.

I'm on vacation right now but as soon as I get home I'm supposed to be able to pick up my truck. Once I get pix I'll post them to show what's been done. If there's much response maybe the site will see there's some interest in the older trucks and may open a section?
well I do not see why anyone would tell you not to.. but for the heck of it, you have my permission to post about the truck, post pictures, share info etc.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #37
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Dan, I posted in the feed back area about adding sections for the older trucks and COE's. Everyone should go to it and show their support for getting the older trucks on here with us.
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=360990

Maybe if enough people show their interest in it the mod's will start up a section for it.
Josh and I had discussed this again today after the earlier postings here. He agreed with you all as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #38
robin58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Josh and I had discussed this again today after the earlier postings here. He agreed with you all as well.
While you're in such an agreeable mood, how about cooking us all supper in your new pressure cooker?
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Thats the weekend plan. Come on over
Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #40
nickp51chevy
Registered Chevy Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
The system works. YES!

Had;
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #41
Dan in Pasadena

I'm super pleased. Thank you for the open mindedness. I will gladly be starting threads on my '46 as of next week.

Anyone else here with a pre '47 they will be posting about right away?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #42
nickp51chevy
Registered Chevy Owner

Dan I hope that your the first to post on it.

Had;
Old 09-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #43
1956cameo

I agree with what has already been stated. We need to cater to the 46 and older chevy truck owners. I dont mind if we expand this section to 59 and older or make them their own section, both ways are fine with me.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #44
Bigblue29
Thanks 'til you're better paid

I think alot of the pre-48 trucks have alot in common with this section and would love to see them here if you'll allow them!

1950 Chevy AD 3100 pickup
2000 GMC Sierra

1970 Jeepster Commando
Bigblue29 is offline   Reply With Quote