The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Back orders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that a company will let you order something online and not tell you its on back order untill you have paid? This just pisses me off to no end... Thanks for payment that will be a 2 -3 week wait wth people. Does this irratate anyone else? Rant off.. Mods if this needs to be moved please feel free to do so...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
mbgmike

Re: Back orders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Why is it that a company will let you order something online and not tell you its on back order untill you have paid? This just pisses me off to no end... Thanks for payment that will be a 2 -3 week wait wth people. Does this irratate anyone else? Rant off.. Mods if this needs to be moved please feel free to do so...

we try not to do that. It happens to us to sometimes with certain suppliers. Its not good business practice. We have done it accidentally a few times but try to make it up to the customer some how. We also try to list the parts that are special order as some suppliers do not stock anything, they make them as needed.

Last edited by mbgmike; 03-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Sometime a business knows it`s on backorder and they should advise up front.Other times they find out after the item was ordered.That`s when they need to pick up the phone and give you the option to wait or go elsewhere.What really get`s my goat are places that don`t even stock stuff and just order it for you once you order.I realize a business can`t sit on every item they offer.But,sorry,I don`t see where the middleman money is earned.We have a local outfit with a handful of shops,called Trick Trucks.All they do is order in what you could order and they charge a lot more than what you would pay elsewhere.I don`t even think about going there.They are a worthless ripoff.I went in for gas shocks for my`92 GMC back in`93.I knew they`d cost a bit more,but I wanted to slap them on after getting bigger tires that day.They had to order them.It`s not an Edsel,it`s one of millions of Chevy/GMC trucks that had been made since late-`87 and continued another 5-7 years.When they came in there was a shipping charge and on that counter was the last place I saw them.I mail ordered a set and saved over $40.I had already waited.Just had to wait another handful of days.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-11-2010 at 08:44 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
mbgmike

What really get`s my goat are places that don`t even stock stuff and just order it for you once you order

Sometimes we get complaints about drop shipping orders. It's all about saving customers money. Who doesn't like that? SOmetimes it does not make sense to ship a part 1/2 way across the united states when the customer lives in the next or same state. Plus the parts arrive faster. No one has all the parts in stock at all times if they sell anything.
I know what your saying however. Ebay is full of these types of businesses that don't stock anything. There is a big ebay seller here in Houston thats less than 2 miles from us. he has like 38000 great reviews. I tried to buy a part and I could not pick it up. PO'd me to. They don't have it in stock.

Last edited by mbgmike; 03-10-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I didn't want to wait 3 weeks to get my part so they did at least offer me something else comparable to what I wanted I just think its a joke to have stuff on back order especially when your a very small company but I am happy and I think they did me right I just don't understand why not update the web site..

MEMBER #6377

Project "7DEUCE"

Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
I didn't want to wait 3 weeks to get my part so they did at least offer me something else comparable to what I wanted I just think its a joke to have stuff on back order especially when your a very small company but I am happy and I think they did me right I just don't understand why not update the web site..
The problem with many website programs is that if you list the item quantity of zero it removes them from the shopping cart. Hence no quantity no shopping cart listing of that part. They are not all like that. We have the same problem with some of our suppliers. They list inventory and we order the next day or two they inform us that they are out of stock. Some have computer programs to update automatically at 12PM but they don't work all the time. Alot of times things are in stock on the shopping cart and you have a customer who purchases the part at the counter and its not removed from the website. Its a lot of work and it takes good employees to make sure stuff gets done. The auto part business is a hectic business. You can have a part and the next minute its sold. Heck even the car dealers run out of stock
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

See the Grants Customs thread in Bad Deals for what can happen with drop shipping.I`m not against this practice,just saying...
I just think a "dealer" should at least carry a sizeable inventory of what they sell.That`s what`s supposed to separate them from me.Can`t carry every application,but should carry what`s mostly requested.Relying on drop shipping and not carrying inventory makes the dealer useless to me.I`ll just order somewhere else for less.I bought a Good Hood out of AZ and after shipping it was still $200 less than this local place,and they charge shipping,too.I`m just not paying their rent if they can`t store parts.UPS delivers to my house,too.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I did manage to get my back order problem fixed they sent me another item,not the one I wanted but then agian I get what I get for needing it now.

MEMBER #6377

Project "7DEUCE"

Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Slow Build

Not truck related but it still pi$$ed me off. Before Xmas of 2008 we ordered a toy for my daughter (baby poops alot or something like that). We ordered it directly from the manufacturer and the site said "in stock" and it could be delivered by Xmas. About a week later when I still hadn't recieved a shipping notice I called them and they told me they were in stock at the warehouse and would be shipped within 2 days. A week later still no shipping notice so I call again. They are on back-order and won't be shipped before Xmas so I tell them to cancel the order, they tell me the order can not be cancelled. Argued with them but they wouldn't cancel. I called my credit card company to cancel payment but since they weren't going to charge me until they shipped it they couldn't do anything. So I had to wait until February for them to ship it to us then we shipped it back at our expense plus they didn't give us full refund either. If I remember correctly we lost about $25 in the deal. Total B$.
Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.
Slow Build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
See the Grants Customs thread in Bad Deals for what can happen with drop shipping.I`m not against this practice,just saying...
I just think a "dealer" should at least carry a sizeable inventory of what they sell.That`s what`s supposed to separate them from me.Can`t carry every application,but should carry what`s mostly requested.Relying on drop shipping and not carrying inventory makes the dealer useless to me.I`ll just order somewhere else for less.I bought a Good Hood out of AZ and after shipping it was still $200 less than this local place,and they charge shipping,too.I`m just not paying their rent if they can`t store parts.UPS delivers to my house,too.

We only drop ship from vendors that are known to be reliable. But I do agree with carrying an inventory. No business is perfect
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
spankbomb

I think we'll continue to see problems with this as cash strapped businesses decide to hold as little inventory as possible.

It really irks me though that it will take over 2 weeks to get the parts (suspension brackets, polybushing joints) I ordered directly from the vendor (not through a dealer).

Later,
Jon D.
spankbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
Benelli
Watchin the rust grow

Oh yeah. Especially when you have been waiting a month to get your stuff, and you call them and they say they'll call you back, and you have to call them back because they don't know how to dial up a phone.

Just to find out that that part is backordered and won't be there for another 2 months.

Thankyou, JC Whitney.
1979 Chevy K10 (H/D Front end) - 350 w/ Holley Truck Avenger, Weinald Intake manifold, headers, bored .060 over, mild cam, Built up TH350 (TranStar Shift kit) with a part-timed NP203 t-case SOLD ($3,000)
1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 - 4.3 vortec, extended cab, 21 highway MPG, stock. "Red" SOLD ($3,000)
1987 Toyota 4wd Pick-up - work in progress, future DD SOLD ($1,850)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 5spd Quad cab - old 12 valve with some work done
2004 Chevy Silverado - Black, 4x4, 5.3L, stock for now

Underneath that rust is a heart of gold
Benelli is offline   Reply With Quote