The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
JoeKan

Stereo System

What kind of stereo system do you have for your burb? I'm in the beginning stages of mine but wanted to see what everyone else did to theirs.
I'm wanting to put the original stereo back in and install 2 3" round speakers for under the dash. I'm still debating on putting speakers in the rear, I might have to add amps for them. Still trying to figure it all out.
JoeKan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
capev86

Re: Stereo System

i'm planning to go with a retro stereo with the factory looking knobs and chrome and chevy bowtie on the face with am/fm and aux input and without the tape player. i will run the dual speaker setup in the center of the dash and put a couple 6x9's flush at the back end of the headliner so i don't have to cut holes in my factory side panels. i really like my truck to look stock, but you could mount a hi end head unit in a custom center console or on in the glove box, fill up the back with equipment....any of those crazy space wasting setups that look good at car shows.....
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
vectorit
What?

Funny I see this post today... Since I just received in the mail the original spec AM radio dash mounted speaker I ordered a few days ago, that will let me fire up my original AM push button radio.

I do have thoughts of setting up a hidden modern head unit somewhere, probably in the glove box so I have been keeping my eyes open on here as to what others have done. I also want to know what others have done about speakers, with out cutting holes in the side panels but probably under the seats?
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
capev86

i don't have a/c on my truck so the glove box is cavernous and i plan to keep it that way because i like having storage space. i think the retro stereos look awesome....you can have your cake and eat it too. my burb just has the block off plate so i have to start from square one. short term, i may just throw in the aftermarket stereo w/ tape player we had in my dad's 84 burb....it should bolt right in.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote