The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
1tonjimmy

Hello all from Lousisiana

I was looking around the web trying to find out some info on my engine swap. I found DirtyLarry Chevy K10 with the GM 8.1 swap which is the same swap I am working on now. So I figured I would going the site and support it as well.

I have always been a Chevy guy, I have owned 12 of them since I turned 15 years old. I have always drove them and loved them. I have owned every thing from a 1976 GMC High Sierra pickup to my current Crew cab short bed 1/2 ton.

I am currently swapping a GM 8.1 into my 1976 GMC Jimmy. The Jimmy has a D60 front, 14 bolt rear with disc, 1/4 fab'ed diff covers, 4:56 gears with lockers in both diffs, TH400, NP 205, thick wall drive line with 1350 joints, and a lot more I could list but you get the picture. My Jimmy is built for some lite trail wheeling and daily driving.

I am replacing the 454 that was in my Jimmy with a GM 8.1 which I think will do well in moving it up and down the roads and maybe some light wheeling. The Jimmy is a Arizona truck which is almost rust free. It has some cancer on the rockers and on quarter panel need some work.

Anyway enough Chit chat here is some pictures...

1tonjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
BigPhil66

Re: Hello all from Lousisiana

Welcome from So. Cal.
BigPhil66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
1tonjimmy

Re: Hello all from Louisiana

I have lived in Louisiana ALLLL my life and that is the first time I murdered the spelling of it..... time for some sleep or
1tonjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote