The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
70stroker

75 Vette, Father Son Project

I have been a member of this site for about 5 years now. I have had and currently have a few different builds in different sections. The thing i love about this site is most people give you their opinions and give them in a constructive way instead of a negative way like on many other forums. So i figured after i couldnt really find any good corvette forums that i would post our corvette build on here.

My mom and old man bought this 75 vette back when i was about 8 (I am now 23) It was in very good shape. Had 37k miles on it, with nice paint and interior, along with the original bias ply tires. I have some great memories riding in this car and taking it out on a few dates back in high school.

About the last five years it has sat outside and been driven maybe if lucky 30 miles a year. Life got in the way and my folks talked many times about selling it. However they worked thru the difficult times and they are doing good now. So my old man wants to get going on this and have it as a project (more me doing the work and him approving it) But I will still have a blast. I have always wanted to start making this car look nice but didnt want to put the time in if they were just going to sell it.

Also I forgot to mention back when i was in high school me and my old man put on a fiberglass mono leaf in the rear (which weighted about 50 pounds less then the old steel leaf pack. We put 2 inch lowering springs in the front, Bilstein shocks on all fours, and found a good deal on some used cooper cobra tires to do away with the old bias plys. We also had a spare 383 stroker sitting around after i put a bbc in my 70 gmc, so we installed the 383 in the vette. When i pulled it in the garage the other day its running poor at best. This motor used to be very strong and ran a 13.90 in my big old truck. So i think i will rebuild the carb, give her a tune up and see if we cant get it running good again.

List To do:
Prep and Paint (Main reason for this build thread)
Side Pipes
17 inch wheel vintiques ralleys
poly urethane bushing kit
Possibly a 6.0 later down the road with a 4l80e
tint the windows
New Door Panels
New Carpet
New gauges
Cd player and speakers

Im sure im forgetting something, but i believe this is long enough, Im sure everyone wants to see some pictures. I will update this as we go, plan on having the body work done and in paint by feb.

70stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
kyull67

Re: 75 Vette, Father Son Project

Cant wait to see some fresh paint on there!
kyull67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
xs-style

Re: 75 Vette, Father Son Project

Enjoy the process. 75 might not ever be the most valuable c3, but thats ok. It just gives ya more room to have fun with the build.

I know I enjoy the heck outa mine

1981 k20 4x4 - 5.3 swap in progress

Events attended:
Spring GOG 2011
Dale JR car show Summer 2012
Gathering at Tommys pickup parts
xs-style is offline   Reply With Quote