The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
jiggityjoe87

Trailer hitch and LT1 swap Q's

Hey everybody it's been a while I haven't been doing much with my suburban. But now I've come into a little money and have decided it's time to do some serious work. First thing I want to know is what trailer hitch is everybody using I went looking for a good class III hitch and the parts store said they only make a small hitch for my 1970 suburban 2wd 1/2 ton. Can anybody shed some light on this as to what brand they have and where to get it.

Next up is the real test for me. I have finally decided that fuel injection via an LT1 is going to give me what I'm looking for out of my suburban. right now I have an exhausted 350 with a couple cylinders running low compression so my burb is a real slouch and gas hog at the same time (double whammy). I'm in the process of locating the right engine/tranny/computer set up. I know this swap has already been done in the past I was just wondering if there was anything you would tell me before I start doing the work to save me some major headaches.

I was even contemplating using an aftermarket wiring kit to upgrade the existing fuse block does anybody have a brand that was simple and easy to adapt. cuz the last time I rewired an entire car was a VW bug with a summit racing harness designed for domestic vehicles (oh what fun that was).

anyways i thank you ahead of time for your input and I can't wait to start working !!!
jiggityjoe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:22 AM   #2
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Trailer hitch and LT1 swap Q's

You could probably get a proper hitch for your Burb from Early Classic Enterprises.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Hart_Rod

+1 on the ECE trailer hitch.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
1sik7t2
dave

this is a hard 4 me.....i'm currently puttin in a lq4 2005 motor in my 72'burb, MAJOR HEADACHE...... but the COOL factor and economy, power will be worth it, I HOPE.......i ALMOST wish i'd would have just rebuilt my 402 bb, but parts i'm told were not like finding parts for a 350 good luck with whatever direction you go....it's an old burb, you can;'t go too wrong dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
You could probably get a proper hitch for your Burb from Early Classic Enterprises.