The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
C/10 King

Re: A real Unicorn, Finally 71' Cheyenne Super SWB BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Just curious what your thoughts are on being original? (since you have seen it in person) I also noticed alot of things not quite correct, and no spid would be a big one to document everything. Don't get me wrong here, i would love to own it, and i am not picking it apart, just makes me wonder about originality of it.
Remember this was the first time I ever got close to it, in twenty years of just viewing the elderly woman, I guess in my mind from the first time I laid eyes on it, I had to assume it's "The unrestored little old lady's truck" I think we all would have figured the same, so today after getting my chance to take a few photos, I really didn't study it hard, but to be honest I totally thought it was the real deal, maybe partly because I was very excited, but I was disappointed when I discovered the SPID was missing, scratching my head wondering why she would remove it, But if in the next twenty years I ever get the chance again, I'm going to study it with a fine tooth comb.
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/10 King View Post
Remember this was the first time I ever got close to it, in twenty years of just viewing the elderly woman, I guess in my mind from the first time I laid eyes on it, I had to assume it's "The unrestored little old lady's truck" I think we all would have figured the same, so today after getting my chance to take a few photos, I really didn't study it hard, but to be honest I totally thought it was the real deal, maybe partly because I was very excited, but I was disappointed when I discovered the SPID was missing, scratching my head wondering why she would remove it, But if in the next twenty years I ever get the chance again, I'm going to study it with a fine tooth comb.
Would have really left you scratching your head had she came across member chipflyer/outintheshop.com and had one of his spids installed. A customer in Modesto recently told me half of the shorties he comes across down his way are riding on chopped down frames, you just never know these days. Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/10 King View Post

The one thing that would help get past the missing SPID would be a Protect O Plate. There might be hope yet, but I have my doubts.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Wow, you guys are good! Glad I got the protecto plate and SPID for "Charlie's Truck".
What would Grandma's truck be worth if it was real?
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
Wow, you guys are good! Glad I got the protecto plate and SPID for "Charlie's Truck".
What would Grandma's truck be worth if it was real?
See post 53.

I'd like to hear Rene's opinion of the value if it was fake. Seems like "tribute" cars on the B-J auction fetch nice money anyway.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
See post 53.

I'd like to hear Rene's opinion of the value if it was fake. Seems like "tribute" cars on the B-J auction fetch nice money anyway.
I would say 16-18K as it sits, 0rig with documentation could bring 25-30. My Dad and 3 brothers are Auctioneers and 1 has worked B-J, a lot of the SOLD units are sold back to the seller.
Posted via Mobile Device
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
Dad and 3 brothers are Auctioneers and 1 has worked B-J, a lot of the SOLD units are sold back to the seller.
Posted via Mobile Device
How do you make money buying your own truck? sorry to hijack I watch all the Barret auctions.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
How do you make money buying your own truck? sorry to hijack I watch all the Barret auctions.
They loose.....have to pay the fees and take their stuff home.
It's away to get around the "no reserve" deal.
Didn't hear it from me though............
Posted via Mobile Device
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
1956cameo

Great find!! Too bad there is no SPID. Unless an original build sheet could be found inside the resale value will suffer due to lack of documentation of authenticity. I would have thought as many short bed C-10s you have had you would have found a factory SWB BB Cheyenne. I got lucky and found a '69 SWB BB a few months ago. The only thing that sucks about it is it's a Custom and not a CST. Good luck!

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
DANTIP

We all think this is a very nice truck! I for one appreciate the people that help everyone distinguish features of authentic trucks. There is an incredible amount of knowledge out there that I hope people continue to share. Hopefully people don't get offended by their comments.
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote