The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
osbornl1

New to me 82 K20

Taking the plow off (wasnt part of the deal)

Buddy driving it to the gas station (im in my soon to be sold NNBS)

at the gas station

me driving it home on the interstate

side shot of it at home

front shot of it

Ok so here are the specs

82 k20 350/sm465/np205 with 14 bolt FF and 4.10 gears. Dual tanks (one not working) Also has a 4'' lift. Runs and drives but does have its small problems for an 82.

The bed doors hood and fenders are all 98% rust free. The cab has the usual rusted rocker panels but i got a set of those in the deal. floors are pretty solid may need to patch a few small holes.

My plans are to do a partial restoration to make it a good driver and be able to tow my quads and dirtbikes with it to various off road parks and my 1000 acres in kentucky. im not worried about gas mileage or anything.

This weekend its getting the various tune up goodies all fluids replaced front to back 2 seals in the 205 replaced and maybe a rear main seal and while im in there doing a clutch at such.

It does have mismatched tires on 16.5 inch rims. I was thinking i could run some military 37's for 400 bucks or i could buy some h2 take offs and buy some 35's.

Do you think i could run 37's on the street with the occasional off road jaunt. its mainly fire roads and mud no rock crawling or hardcore stuff for me. thats why i have quads.

i will keep posting updates etc. and if anyone has a front dana 60 with 4.10s that will bolt up PM ME!
osbornl1 is offline   Reply With Quote