The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
SledBurban

Re: 1977 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Build

Badges look killer, the fab work is top notch and I love the level of detail your putting into this build. keep it up and keep the photo's coming
SledBurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
my4by2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledBurban View Post
Badges look killer, the fab work is top notch and I love the level of detail your putting into this build. keep it up and keep the photo's coming
The real fab work in my mind has yet to begin for this truck & I am REALLY looking forward to it starting!!! The shop has to fully fabricate a custom headache rack, side rails w/ 3 steps on each side & a custom front push bar assembly with a Xmitter LED light bar on it!
The push bar (minus light) & side step basic designs can be seen on the rendering that's in this thread way back near the beginning, but the headache rack was only in the first version of my renderings - the one that appeared in last months Truckin' magazine. I also am attaching a few "example" pics of kind of what I have in mind for these two items.
On the side bars though, I want them build with square tubing rather the oval stuff used in these pics. Think that the square tubing will go much better with the whole "square body" design!
I have a set of diamond plate bed rails & caps that will be going onto the truck after being powder coated & the headache rack will also have diamond plate on the sides to match the appearance & go with the in-bed toolbox I already purchased.
They also have to fab me up a set of diamond plate mud guards to go behind each tire...
All of these will get powder coated black like everything else has, but the headache rack will hopefully incorporate polished aluminum for the center section. It'll also have LED brake lights built into it to follow the "all LED" scheme I am going with.
All-in-all I think these mods will really set the truck off & make it stand out a lot better. Wish there were "off-the-shelf" parts that would do the trick, but alas there was nothing that did it for me out there... Keep your eyes peeled & I hopefully will have pics of all of this happening in the near future!!!
Attached Images

my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
my4by2

And BTW - the front push bar Keven's gonna be fabricating will get an Xmitter LED light bar on top of the lower cross beam to match the LED headlights I am going with. All told it's gonna be a heck of a lot of light coming off the front of this thing!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
my4by2

Here's the first version of my renderings when it still had the headache rack. Wasn't included in the final rendering, but we've since decided to go back with it. Should pretty much look like it does in this pic, but we'll see once the fab starts shortly.

This rendering also had different wheels & lacked the diamond plate bed rails too...
Attached Images