The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
bamabob

Running boards

Has anyone bought a set of running boards from rodpartsdealer on ebay. They have new ones at a great price but wondering about the fit and quality.
bamabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Running boards

I went through about five pages of their feedback and although they have some complaints they are mostly about delivery time. That said I would be sure and contact them to see if they had the item in stock or it was in stock for immediate shipping.

There are a number of Ebay sellers who sell the majority of their items by having them drop shipped from the manufacture or a warehouse distributor and that often fouls the shipping thing up.
Their shipping looks to be fair and honest on the items that i looked at so it doesn't look like they offer a low price and then hit you with high shipping and "handling" costs.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
mr48chev

I found the add and if you are good with driver quality running boards they should be ok but it looks like one should expect to do a bit of work if you want them to be perfect.

I went through about five pages of their feedback and although they have some complaints they are mostly about delivery time. That said I would be sure and contact them to see if they had the item in stock or it was in stock for immediate shipping. The one thing I didn't like about their feedback was that they don't show the item the person bought so you don't know if the buyer is

There are a number of Ebay sellers who sell the majority of their items by having them drop shipped from the manufacture or a warehouse distributor and that often fouls the shipping thing up.
Their shipping looks to be fair and honest on the items that i looked at so it doesn't look like they offer a low price and then hit you with high shipping and "handling" costs.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
skip99

there are about 3 or 4 of those "dealers" operating from one business, looks like mostly women operating from home to take orders. i ordered some universals, they shipped the wrong item and it was a kinda pain to get it made right... had to buy another one and then ship the old one back for a refund..nice people to deal with though, just not a lot of knowledge.. the price was right....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428878
skip99 is offline   Reply With Quote