The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
72gmguy

How about some carlisle pics

Had to miss the truck nationals this year and was hoping someone took lots of pics. Hopefully I can atleast make the fall event.

1969 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1971 Blazer partial 2wd convert
1972 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1970 Blazer 4x4 w/ 2 1/2in lift and 33in tires w/4 wheel camper
1970 4x4 suburban w/ 6in lift and 35in tires
1968 Corvette convertible
1970 Malibu convertible
1959 Brookwood wagon
1972 International Scout ii
72gmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Johns72C10

Re: How about some carlisle pics

Sorry, I didn't take any pics but in my opinion, truck Carlisle was a bust. Very few vendors (4 half double rows) about 20 trucks for sale and the show field was nearly empty Friday morning. I covered the entire event in under 2 hours and that included speaking to a few board members. I probably won't be going next year. I couldn't even find a decent wheel cover for my 72.
Johns72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
rsavage

I was there Saturday and there were tons of show trucks and lots of used and new parts. Weather was pretty bad with rain, but I did find what I was looking for - a new (repop) 71 -72 grlle shell, inner grille, grille bowtie, bezels, new repop centers for truck rallyes, and a used in-bed pickup tire carrier. Also met Harry and picked up my Blazer side panels I bought from him. I also sold my Burb lift and tailgates out of the back of my truck (had a sign on the cart we pull around). Met some board members and forgot the camera. Although small compared to Spring or Fall Carlisle, there were tons more 67-72 parts there than can be found at the big Carlisle meets. I parked on the street close to the gate for free. There were several additional trucks for sale in the vendor areas besides the corral area. All in all, I was pleased and will spend my money going to the Truck show and one of the big shows (Spring or fall) as opposed to Spring and Fall. It's about 300 miles each way for me. I felt bad for the guys set up with the bad weather. I'm sure it hurt sales some - that and the crappy economy.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I'll be posting pictures in my Shows and events picture thread in General Discussion.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns72C10 View Post
Sorry, I didn't take any pics but in my opinion, truck Carlisle was a bust. Very few vendors (4 half double rows) about 20 trucks for sale and the show field was nearly empty Friday morning. I covered the entire event in under 2 hours and that included speaking to a few board members. I probably won't be going next year. I couldn't even find a decent wheel cover for my 72.
I saw quite a few nice full wheel covers after I saw you,John. I figured you found one. I saw yellow bow tie ones,but I've had great results painting them. Were there really less vendors? I didn't notice. I know those who went to the All GM show said the truck show looked way better. I guess it could have been off from last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
I was there Saturday and there were tons of show trucks and lots of used and new parts. Weather was pretty bad with rain, but I did find what I was looking for - a new (repop) 71 -72 grlle shell, inner grille, grille bowtie, bezels, new repop centers for truck rallyes, and a used in-bed pickup tire carrier. Also met Harry and picked up my Blazer side panels I bought from him. I also sold my Burb lift and tailgates out of the back of my truck (had a sign on the cart we pull around). Met some board members and forgot the camera. Although small compared to Spring or Fall Carlisle, there were tons more 67-72 parts there than can be found at the big Carlisle meets. I parked on the street close to the gate for free. There were several additional trucks for sale in the vendor areas besides the corral area. All in all, I was pleased and will spend my money going to the Truck show and one of the big shows (Spring or fall) as opposed to Spring and Fall. It's about 300 miles each way for me. I felt bad for the guys set up with the bad weather. I'm sure it hurt sales some - that and the crappy economy.
Spring and fall are 100% swap meet and anything under the sun. There's no on site parking,no show,and no activities. All Trucks is an event that offers entertainment,such as live music and Gallagher smashing watermelons (whoopee!),monster trucks,burn out contest,beauty contest (girls),rock crawling,Megasaurus eating cars,show field with anything truck from minis to semis....as well as the all trucks swap meet/corral.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Steve Hafner

Below, is the ONLY picture I took.
The rain after 12 didn't help much either.
There wasn't much there that "I" wanted to see - mostly big rigs and slammed "little" trucks.
I remember going up there on Saturday, years ago, when that entire show field would be full of 67-72's.
. . . and the for sale area even had a lot more of them then.
I was really hoping my truck would be ready to display at Carlisle this year ( it wasn't ) I'm going to have to really think about taking it up next year - and I only live about an hour away !!!

( . . . at least this guy's truck had a toolbox for me to look at - and the door fit well on his )
Attached Images

Life is short . . . we only have, right now.

. . . .

My 70 C-10's BUILD THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=475526
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Rochlow

and if you can't build an entire 67-72 truck from the swap meet at Carlisle.. Your at the wrong show..
Rochlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Page #3,scroll down to post #71. If anyone else has picture,post them there:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=476156

Tim

Old 08-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
LUCKTRUCK

http://www.carshowcoverage.com/photo...show/index.htm

LUCKTRUCK is offline   Reply With Quote