The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
bobdryerr

84 Build

high guys an gals this is my first post so bare with me here. Im currently building a 1984 fullsize frame that has been cut down 22" to fit a 86 s10 body. im gonna have lots of question through out the build but for starters lets kick off with some pics

ok ill have to get pics up in the morning have to head t o work an my computer is not working with me right now

Any wasys its a 1984 full frame cut down 22" to fit the 86 s10 body sitting on 35" wit he the 400 sb 5 speed. got it as a project. i traded one project for another an ive never really worked on anything this size. lol im more or less used to working on cars
bobdryerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
bobdryerr

Re: 84 Build

sorry everyone pics r up had a big pc issue an it crashed

btw i was wrong not an 84 frame its an 82 frame. any questions about anything i can take pics an show progress of everything.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
cletis

You got some fun ahead of ya!!!!!!!
cletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
bobdryerr

Yes i do but its a learnin process the whole time
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
mooseknuckles

now thats a body lift!
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
bobdryerr

yea its a huge body lift lol im not sure how well its gonna handle lol might not even wanna do 55 on the road lol
Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
bobdryerr

ok so far what i have to get done is steering stem, custom drive shafts finish mounting the body, hydro clutch hook up, interior, figure out how to install my 4 core rad, then all the eletrical for lights.

steering stem is all moched up an put togather just has to be welded. ill get pic of it tomarrow to show what i did to make it. im gonna try an keep this thread open an post up all of my progress as i get it done.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
bobdryerr

Sorry gays an gals still havent got my steering stem back from the welding shop
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
bobdryerr

ok well they didnt get everything done it was only 2 freakin welds but got 1 end welded so ill just have to take it some where else but heres what i got for the custom steering stem.

in this pic you can c i used the s10 top piece cut it off to where i shaved it down to slide into the ford expidition stem. rounded the the top 2 corners an fit like a glove. then i used a grinder an noched in the bolt lock so it cant pull apart as you can c u can see where i had to cut down the expidition stem an welded for the right lenght

this is the bottom end of the cut shaft that still needs to be welded yet. i cut it down to the right length an knocked out the center to slide the shaft into the new piece so all it has to be is welded there an that part is done

the last part that i milled out to fit the chevy ps. tapped it onto the ps to make the splines an had to drill out a lil bit to fit the locking screw so it cant pull of ethier. once i get the last welded spot done its going on so i will have steering