The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
68gmcpanel

what to do

Ive had my panel a 68 gmc for a while now. been working on it off and on. i have it off the frame and will have that done soon . i just bought a truck cab and rolling frame for the fire wall and a pillars. was planning on just cutting the roof and floors and replace. my problem is when i got the truck home its too good to cut up. i know how rare my panel is and its priorty but this truck is all new metal and replaced right. its lowered all new front end and brakes etc. the po was doing it right. after looking at what all was done i can only wonder how much money he spent. makes me feel bad cause i got it cheap.
68gmcpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
68panelman

Re: what to do

Welcome aboard!!!. The pick-up does sound to good to cut up. I would research parts elsewere. Good things always come to those who wait! post some pics of the panel please.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
68gmcpanel

Pics are on the way. I was trying to take the easy way out I guess. It will be a little while for the frame to be done mabey I can figure it out by then. Any idea on the numbers on the gmc panels produced/left. Ive only seen a few and i mean less than five in six years of looking.
68gmcpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
68panelman

None of my books/resources show no production numbers for the gmc panels, only for the chevys. my opinion is they are more rare than the chevs, like jimmys to blazers are.My 68 chevy panel has production totals at 4801 for 1968
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote