The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Supspt454

Newbie with project "Old Green"

Hi, I'm new here from Okla. I am taking ideas on my 1969 Chevy C20 Custom Camper 396 with CST. This has been in my family since 1979. What a work horse it's been over the years. It's rolled over 420K and is on its second engine and transmission. Currently its powered by a 402/TH400. The numbers matching standard bore 396 is stored away in my shop. She has been down since 2006, still running and driving but in need of some TLC! What kind of value do these trucks still have? It has the extra portion added to the bed for the camper. Looks like I could haul my Chevelle back there. Any how, that's where I'm at. I look forward to hearing from everyone!
Shawn
Posted via Mobile Device
Supspt454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
botmfedr1

Re: Newbie with project "Old Green"

Sounds like it would make a good truck. As far as value goes, well that would depend greatly on how far you take your build.

There are many guys on here that throw a lot of aftermarket stuff on their truck. Dress up the motor with chrome and all that jazz and call them restored...but I wouldn't exactly call that restored. If you take the time and find original parts where you can, and put your effort into it I would say you can definately earn your money back on the investment.

Anyone can order just about the entire truck from a catalog and what you have when it's done is a "taiwanese" classic....Have fun with your restoration...
botmfedr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Supspt454

Re: Newbie with project "Old Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmfedr1 View Post
Sounds like it would make a good truck. As far as value goes, well that would depend greatly on how far you take your build.

There are many guys on here that throw a lot of aftermarket stuff on their truck. Dress up the motor with chrome and all that jazz and call them restored...but I wouldn't exactly call that restored. If you take the time and find original parts where you can, and put your effort into it I would say you can definately earn your money back on the investment.

Anyone can order just about the entire truck from a catalog and what you have when it's done is a "taiwanese" classic....Have fun with your restoration...
The doors were bad, found some OEM doors, a pass fender, cowling, and hood from a donor truck several years ago. I have new cab corners, rocker panels, inner rockers, and some other pieces that I'm not sure where they go from LMC about 10 years ago. Those are the only non orig GM parts. The rest is all GM steel. Grandpa replaced the bed with 1" toung and grove, and it has a under dash AC unit that he installed and it still gets COLD!
Posted via Mobile Device
Supspt454 is offline   Reply With Quote