The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
M Evertsen

Marcial's 69

Well, I figured I might as well document what I am doing with my truck.

I saw on another person's thread where he was posting the amounts as he went, and I kinda liked that idea. I will do something similar, might help keep things in perspective for me.

I bought the truck for $40 in the summer of 2010. The guy that had it got it from a lady here in town. Her husband died in 1994. The truck was in his name and she kept paying the insurance and registration in his name. She gave the truck to this guy, and he never got the title transfered over. His house burned down, and we had to start from scratch. VIN check, bill of sale, affadavit of ownership that she was the rightful heir, and death certicate.

I put about $100 into the truck when I first got it, and then ran into the title issues, so the truck sat for until now. On December 23rd, I was finally able to get it registered, as I had all paperwork in hand finally.

I spend another $200 at the parts store in fluids, and another carb kit.

I could not get the carb working right, so I just ordered a reman carb, and it should be here in a few days. Hopefully I can get it running right.

So I am out...

$40 for the truck
$100 for the stuff in 2010
$20 for copy of death certificate from the state
$138.25 to register it (specialty Conserve Wildlife plates)
$201.53 at Carquest for gear oil, antifreeze, carb kit, break fluid, in line fuel filter and carb cleaner.
$320.54 for carb from Autozone

$820.32

I am sure this thing will run if I can get the carb going right.

Here are a few pics. I took out the seat last year and cleaned up most of the dust and garbage that was inside. There was an old CB that I let a kid take out. There does not appear to be any cancer, though there is a lot of surface rust, and the bed is pretty well shot. The passenger side hood spring is broken, and has been previously "repaired."

I plan to remove the tool box and put another lower box in the bed.

Things that I know I need to get going, and plan to do over the next few days:

Lube entire chassis, get brakes in working order (dry master cylinder, but there is good spring pressure in the break pedal), clean the tranny off, get carb hooked up, get windows to roll up and down freely, get seat mounted properly, and hopefully then take for a test spin.

I plan to make this a daily driver, and go camping and hunting with it. I will tow a small trailer with my dog box and 4 wheeler on it.

The engine is a 307, with a 4 speed manual. There is a lot of oil and dirt around the transmission, so I will have to clean that up to see where it is coming from, though I am thinking it will be the rear main. The engine oil pan looks good, as does all the gaskets on the engine.

I have also traded the 4 split rims and tires for 4 regular 8 lug 16 inch wheels and tires, though the spare is still the split rim. And the truck has accumulated a large amount of trash over the last year, which will be coming out soon.

Hopefully I can keep a good thread going.

Happy New Year!

Marcial

Last edited by M Evertsen; 12-27-2011 at 01:24 AM.
M Evertsen is offline   Reply With Quote