The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
greywuuf

60/40 Split bench and other "medium duty" ?'s

ok So my C60 seems to have the "60" part of a 60/40 split bench seat, and an "Air Ride" drivers 'Bucket" is that a factory option or has this thing been cut down at some point ?

Also Does anyone have a line on transmission parts for old heavy Duty spicer 5 speeds? I need parts for a 5756b ....even a Good Truck yard i might try.... medium duties seem to be few and far between here in Alaska, I figure one of the more Farm oriented states might be a better place to look.

Dan
greywuuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: 60/40 Split bench and other "medium duty" ?'s

There is a truck down the road from me in a junkyard it is a 366 truck I think it may have a 5 speed in it. The man who owns the yard lives next door to my shop and usally when he has a car or truck I need some stuff off of he will load it up and dump it at my shop so I can pull parts at my leisure I will try to find out more on that truck as I was gonna have him bring it to me cause I wanted the tach air dash and some other cool parts it has. I also saw a couple of others that have the seat you describe I think it is factory
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
greywuuf

Wow, if by chance it had the extra heavy duty transmission i would be very very interested in getting a shift tower from it. i would mean a great deal to my build. and double WOW a tach/air dash, I will have to source one of those some day as well. mine i am sure had one (as it has air) unfortunately the dash panel was stolen ( I am sure for the tach ) before I aquired it, it is going to have to make do with a non tach (non air) dash from a '72 blazer for now.

Here is my options tag Showing the model number and RPO code for the tranny I have.

Thanks
Dan
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
hugger6933

That is one heck of a spid on that c60! great truck. I am going to get one some day real soon ,I have a 454 t400 setup to put in and I plan to insall front disc brakes along with 19.5 radial tire most of I allready have on hand as well as putting a long bed on it to make a dually type truck . I also plan on cutting the rear wheelwells to install fender openings from a sprare set of fenders I have . Turn them around weld'em on to match the front openings and put on running boards as well to meet the ones on the front. Also I have a tilt column that I plan on putting in as well. I think it should be sweet . No hauling planned for it so I may take out some springs so it will ride better.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
greywuuf

Thanks, I am tickled with it. I dont know if you noticed or not, but mine is a 67-72 series body, as far as i know there were no Dualy beds or fenders made for that body. That leaves me with either using a mismatch or hacking step fenders to fit, not sure this one will get a pickup bed. Mine will most likely never be asked to haul to its capacity... ( 19,200 pound rear axle 11,000 front GVWR plate in the door jam says i can go 32,000 with unspecified optional equipment) So I might look to soften this one up a bit myself. i am saddled with the Dayton wheel in 20" ( tube style) Plan is to have a welder bed (short flat bed with my licoln gen/welder on it) and a clean flat bed to haul my weasel with... but it only weighs about 4,000.... so i have capacity to spare. If I ever come across a Holmes 600 series split boom wrecker you can bet i will jump all over that as well!. I do hope to "daily drive" it at least on the nasty days in the winter ;-) as this one will get a second alternator with a jump start box, chain hangers and a 12k front mount winch and with luck a 20k bed winch as well. Alaskan winters give me ample oportunity to help out my neighbor....... getting tired of beating on the '04 yukon doing favors.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
greywuuf

Guess I might as well show the split bench, Sorry about the ratty condition

Look its a "custom" with aftermarket Air
Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
hugger6933

Awesome truck it stokes the fire of intrest I have in one, I know that no dually beds were made for this style of truck but I think some c60 type fenders cut out and turned around so contours match would be sweet