The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2003, 01:49 PM   #1
*MJF*
No longer truckless

Value of: ralley rims & drum D44

I have a new set of rims on the way, so I wanted to see if there is any value in the ralley rims on the truck now. They were originally froma 73 or so blazer. Wife's on vacation so no camera to take pics now.

I haven't even looked at the truck in months so this is from memory. I think they are 15X10(but may be 8). the tires on them are 33X12.5X15, but they are junk. Good for rolling around but dry rotted really bad. The center caps are for a 4X4. They say 4X4 on them & that's even sun faded. I know some of the trim rings are dented so I'll just say they're all dented so I don't mislead anyone.

I was hoping these would be worth $100, but what do you think.

The other thing that will be coming out of the truck is the drum brake D44 complete except steering arm. Has 3.07 gears, but I will have to take a look at it to answer any more detailed questions. I don't know the value of this if any, but I won't give it away. I can at least use a few pieces as trail spares if there's no value.

These items will hopefully be coming off by this weekend so if there's any interest, let me know.

There's almost no way you'll be able to talk me into shipping these items. I can have pics if needed by this weekend.
*MJF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:38 PM   #2
CPNEJR

are they 5,6 or 8 lug rims
72 Chevy K20 Suburban (future project)
70 Chevy K20 now 68 GMC K2500
2003 Chevy 2500hd ccsb 4X4 (daily driver)
CPNEJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:14 PM   #3
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Lightbulb

if it's a 70 model dana 44 then it's a one year only item. i'd pull the flat top knuckles off and sell them on ebay--i've seen the knuckles sell for well over $100.00 a pair for guys with later model front ends that want crossover steering. the rest is a big paperweight unless you luck into someone that needs pieces off it. once it's stripped down, it's possible to convert it to disc brakes but with 3.07s it's not too sought after.i have a 44 out of a 3/4 ton 70 model with 4.10s and it's either getting discs or stripped and scrapped, i sold the brakes to a gentleman here on the board and the rest is taking up space. i have the rear end that matches so i might convert it over and sell as a set.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:55 PM   #4
*MJF*
No longer truckless

The rims are 6 lug but may not be for sale any more.

My inexperience & haste may have screwed me over. I neglected to ask about the back spacing for my new rims & tires & since they're 15X12 they stick WAAAYYYY out. I'll have to go take a look in the light tomorrow.

I might end up needing someone to bail me out of the new purchase so if anyone needs a set of 33X14.5X15 super swamper SSR's on 15X12 eagle 589's, check the board tomorrow to see if they're for sale.
*MJF* is offline   Reply With Quote