The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
cajondrummer89

Talking My '77 Scottsdale K10 build!

Hey guys! I'm starting a new build on a '77 Scottsdale K10. It'll be a slow start as I'm in school right now and I'll be about 5-1/2 hours away from my truck but this spring/summer it'll really take off!

I'm sure some of you have seen my dad's '71 C10 build (RexDodge). I guess I'll let him help out on this one

Any way, it's a 1977 Scotts K10 with an '87 350 in it. It originally had a 400 in it but this is the 3rd engine and transmission it's been through. This truck has seen a LOT of miles! It sat in a rock pit in Prineville, OR for a few years until my grandpa offered it up to me one day this last summer. I jumped all over it and got it drivable and road worthy over this winter break and brought it home.

When I got it home I cleaned out all kinds of rat/mouse crap, mouse nests, garbage, and POUNDS of dirt. I pulled the rubber flooring and insulation and the seat, scrubbed the floor and cleaned it out. There's a couple spots I'm going to patch pretty soon in the passenger side floor board (hopefully before I leave saturday for school!). Before I leave I'll definitely get a compression and leak down test done, and hopefully pull the dash to do some final cleaning inside!

Some future plans include an Edelbrock performer intake, Lunati Voodoo Cam, Headers, 4" lift, 35x12.5" Tires (hopefully Dick Cepek Mountain Cats), body work, paint, maybe a tonneau cover or canopy, bucket seats and a custom center console, custom sound system like the one we did in my dad's '71 C10, bed liner, extra deep cycle battery, custom bumpers, aux lights... I'm sure there's more but hopefully quite a bit of this list will be gone this summer!

Here's some pictures of what I'm working with! Comments, questions, and suggestions are more than welcome!

http://s86.beta.photobucket.com/user...ottsdale%20K10
cajondrummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Greenlee

Re: My '77 Scottsdale K10 build!

Looks like a good start! Looks like they were using the poor old girl as a trash dumpster for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
cajondrummer89

Re: My '77 Scottsdale K10 build!

Haha Yeah kind of. It was my grandpa's truck. He bought it new in 1977 and it's always been a work truck. He never cleans any of his vehicles or washes any of them. I was amazed at how much dirt came out! WOW.

Here's my Dad's C10 build, by the way. Just incase anyone wanted to see!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...?t=509737&page

Last edited by cajondrummer89; 01-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.
cajondrummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote