The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
clemdaddy

Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
You know looking at the color rendering you have going on there, it occured to me that continuing the trim back on the bed would be a really cool touch.

Either the actual chrome trim, or a painted on, whichever would be more functionally sound.....
i like that idea... i've had to shorten and shape the ends of that moulding before so its not a big deal, but it would run close to the edge of the middle box. i'll do a little art to see how it looks, thanks murph.

personally i not too wild about the copper color being even on this truck, except maybe in the logo. might do a satin black rendering also.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
i like that idea... i've had to shorten and shape the ends of that moulding before so its not a big deal, but it would run close to the edge of the middle box. i'll do a little art to see how it looks, thanks murph.

personally i not too wild about the copper color being even on this truck, except maybe in the logo. might do a satin black rendering also.
I agree, the copper as an accent would have more impact I think.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Dinos63
chevy only

very cool! thats going to be one very nice service truck .love the work you do sooo cleeeen!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
clemdaddy

have had a bunch of distractions lately. several guys are bringing their bedsides and fenders and doors by the place for me to repair. wanting to establish the shop as a restoration meca... i can't say no.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
clemdaddy

a distraction that i'm really diggin is this old 51 1-ton. if you caught the story i posted earlier ('cool story' on the main board) you might remember that i built this truck back in 1983 and took a year to do so. long story short, it has come home. only driven once in 29 years you can imagine what all had happened to her... well it all happened plus some. now shes running great, stopping good and buffed back to color. still like driving a boat while sitting on a park bench... but thats the nature of the beast.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
clemdaddy

so even though its been a long time there was still progress on the utility truck.
since its a build for a friend and customer, i don't want to get too far ahead of the money...

the utility bed once removed and put on a cart was sandblasted... inside and out. a new stronger bed front was made to mount a winch and it is connected to the bed framework.

the inside of the boxes had bad rust where the braces run in the wheelwells so that was patched.

old men shouldn't have to sandblast, but a long time employee dumped me so i gotta do what i gotta do.

finally back in the body shop for fill and skim...
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
clemdaddy

the final installment for now is the frame. 6" had to be added so the bed would fit. the frame was scraped, washed, blasted and now sits in a coat of etch primer awaiting paint. most of the other front suspension parts were similarly processed and waiting for paint. bought all the new joints, bearings, seals and stuff which are also being patient, awaiting paint... guess i'll go get to painting.

thanks till later...
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
have had a bunch of distractions lately. several guys are bringing their bedsides and fenders and doors by the place for me to repair. wanting to establish the shop as a restoration meca... i can't say no.
nice now i need to get my truck covered and take you my doors and patches to fix them, lol!!
and if i had a set of fenders you could fix them too, lol!!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote