The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #1
michaell

Post FS 1983 GMC w/rebuilt 350

Hi, I own a 1983 GMC, Sierra 2500, 8 Ft. box, 350 CI - 5.7 LT, V8, 4-Spd. Manuel, 12” clutch plate I think. I have owned this truck since it was new, used it in my carpenter work, hauled my sons, in car seats, and rambled around fields, with 3 German Shorthairs in back, while bird hunting. A couple years ago a helper kid blew the engine while trying to drive it like a sports car. Fortunately a client of mine, who has a garage full of racecars, had a completely rebuilt 350 that he decided not to use. In case you can’t tell I kinda liked this truck so rather than trash it I fixed it.

I have toyed with the idea of rebuilding the body, however I lack the resources to have it done and the time or skills to do it my self. The gas tank and exhaust are shot. There have been only a couple thousand miles since the engine replacement, shortly before that the clutch was replaced and there are 4 like new General 235/85 R16 tires, with something like a 10 Ply rating. Anyone interested? Michael

11/8/03: I hope your not looking for body parts as most of mine would need a bit of work. As I mentioned in my posting I think the engine including: generator, starter, clutch, transmission and radiator are where the value is. I think the starter and radiator are fairly recent. Since my posting I spoke with the fellow
who rebuilt that engine and he confirmed that the clutch was new when we installed the engine. He also mentioned that several other engines he rebuilt now have over 100,000 on them and are still ticking just fine. Additionally he was telling me about how all the tolerances where 10,000ths over, OEM parts, matched connecting rods (?) and stuff I don't have really
understand. He will be gald to to explain the technical details to a serious party. When I bought this truck it was rated as a heavy duty 3/4 Ton with a GVW sufficient to avoid all the pollution controls that where being mandated. I don't have a clue as to what the truck is worth. Is $950 reasonable ? Michaell

Last edited by michaell; 11-11-2003 at 12:42 PM.
michaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

what are ya looking for for the truck and do ya have any pics?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 01:18 PM   #3
michaell

I hope your not looking for body parts, as most of mine would need a bit of work. As I mentioned in my posting I think the engine including: generator, starter, clutch, transmission and radiator are where the value is. I think the starter and radiator are fairly recent. Since my posting I spoke with the fellow who rebuilt that engine and he confirmed that the clutch was new when we installed the engine. He also mentioned that several other engines he rebuilt now have over 100,000M on them and are still ticking just fine. Additionally he was telling me about how all the tolerances over spec, OEM parts, matched connecting rods (?) and stuff I don't have really understand. He will be glad to explain the technical details to a serious party. When I bought this truck it was rated as a heavy duty 3/4 Ton with a GVW sufficient to avoid all the pollution controls that where being mandated. I don't have a clue as to what the truck is worth. Is $950 reasonable? Michaell

Last edited by michaell; 02-16-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:26 AM   #4
lost_66

do you have picture??? for 3/4 ton pickup...
Andy
lost_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #5
michaell

I do not have any pictures at this time, however I will work on it.
Michael