The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
bns454

dually western hauler project

hi im from australia and have brought a 86 dualcab dually dont realy know heaps about these trucks but have always wanted one. its got a very cowboy up themed interior with lounge chairs for front seats and the back seat folds down into a bed
not real sure which direction to go with it yet. id love to lift it but if my previous rides are anything to go by it will be lowered.
it will definately be my tow rig for my camaro drag/burnout car etherway
Attached Images

bns454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
bns454

Re: dually western hauler project

by the way it left the us in 2007 and had driven 10 kms since then i bought it a month ago and drove it 800kms home so i got to know it pretty well on the trip
on pick up the lh rear brake was locked on (split wheel cylinder) so off came the pads and a bolt went in the line.
the tub was stolen in transit so i wired up some lights and got around a blinking brake light problem
the fuel in the tank made it 1 block short of the nearest servo so had to push.
filled it up then hit the road
discovered 2nd gear dont work stuck my head under onley to discover a very weird t400 so googled the metric stamped on the pan to discover it has a 200r4 (rare as rocking horse poo over here) so i topped it up and drove it round and round the block till i nutted out how to get it going.....redline it down a hill and it banged 3rd WHOOHOO.
hit the road again and worked out if you smoke the tires in first for a block or so it hooked 3rd and boogied so long as you dont slow down to much.... all good.
that worked for 2 hours till she started to splutter and cough so i found the dual tank switch and it made it better ....till splutter n cough n fart ah well ill check out the fuel system.
couldnt find an inline filter? so thought the problem may have been the mystery fuel block/switch thing (still dont know how it works) so bypassed it then gave it ago same same then..... the little rochester filter in the carb....WIN so into it again
then apart from the mufflers fallin off and the exhast mufflerputty job done on the egr ports? blowing out and melting the leads it made it home.
and im still over the moon happy with it
bns454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Greenlee

Re: dually western hauler project

Nice looking truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote