The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
chewychevy67

Re: wheres the hidden vin?? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShadows View Post
I have a 68 gmc longbed and I'm having difficulty with finding the Vin stamped on the frame, when did they start stamping on the frame and did gmc's receive these markings also? And can anybody post a picture of approximately where the one under the cab should be.? Thanks :-) oh and if there's no stamp on the frame near the steering box will there be one under the cab?
Posted via Mobile Device
I have a 67 GMC that doesn't have any frame #'s stamped either. Had it blasted and powdered and no visible #'s. I think some early gmc's were like that.
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
SmokeShadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
I have a 67 GMC that doesn't have any frame #'s stamped either. Had it blasted and powdered and no visible #'s. I think some early gmc's were like that.
I look all over for a Vin, and nothing, there are numbers on the side of the frame but not on top, I spent a good while scraping off dirt and crud off the frame and looking for one with a mirror and flashlight but found nothing, anybody able to decipher the numbers?
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

SmokeShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
SmokeShadows

Dude Tim you need to calm your tone, I'm trying to learn more about these trucks not troll over the forum, it's unnecessary to nag like that, all you should say is that the frame numbers are part numbers and be a nice guy and give information about said frame numbers instead of your remarks about my truck
Posted via Mobile Device
SmokeShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
Spartan

Resurrected threads drive me nuts. Don't know why...perhaps they confuse me.
It sounds to me like you looked and didn't find any. With the tag at the jamb or pillar missing...you will have issues.
I registered my truck but they didn't need to see the truck, then again my DMV knows me and that I do good in my community.

Call the DMV, or read their site. If I remember you were only thinking of buying, but from info here it seems you bought. No tag no luck is the rule for most DMVs. Tim gave you good info the first time. Iirc. Perhaps the info you are looking for or hope to hear isn't to be found?

Or maybe you are trying to find a work around for no vin?
I don't know but I think the best answer will be at your local DMV
2 cents
Posted via Mobile Device

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote