The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
msg

Sound System ideas for a 66 with fuel tank in cab

I have been reading through a number of threads but I havent been able to spot anyone who has found a good sounding stereo option in a 66 with the fuel tank in the cab which I do not want to relocate.

I have no sound system in the cab right now and have been thinking about getting a radio that I can plug in the ipod, install a speaker(s) in dash, look at kick panels that have the speaker cutout, and use the space under the bench as well which I have read some folks are doing. I wonder if whats under the bench can really make a difference.

I dont know much about sound systems and I dont want to go obverboard, just a nice sounding system that with the proper sound deadening applied will not get drown out by the 350.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
McCoyAZ

Re: Sound System ideas for a 66 with fuel tank in cab

From what I hear a guy can put a small amp in or under the glove box and wire up a plug so he can listen to an Ipod.

Slap a replacement stereo speaker in the dash hole and a knob modified to turn up the volume on the Ipod and you are done.

No need for a radio and no holes cut out of anything.

You can put the volume knob in the cigarette lighter hole or where the old choke cable was.
McCoyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
stephenmeeker

Im running a pioneer x6500bt in my glove box, 2 6x9s in the gab between the seat and floor boards on either side of the hump, and a 12' shallow pioneer in a small box under the passenger side of the seat, all powered by a 4 channel rockford that sounds gorgeous. I have a 305v6 that I am running straight pipes on, and I cant hear the engine revving 3500 rpms
stephenmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
stephenmeeker

And I havent even run any dynomat or anything. and it still sounds awesome, and to top it all off, Everything is bluetooth to my phone.
stephenmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote