The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
VWNate1

Thumbs up Re : Bead Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
With all the nice stuff you do, you owe yourself a tasty sand/bead/media blaster.

I'm just sayin'.
Thank you Sir ;

I'm actually trying to finish up my current projects within three years when I retire .

I have a tiny yard and a crazy@$$ed drunken b*tch living next door to me who hates me and hassles me to death , she gave free BJ's to the local crooked Code Enforcement Officer so the City would come down on me ~ I won that of course and got him fired to boot but still and all , I'm getting old and want to drive more not continue rebuilding old vehicles .

I have one buddy who has a pretty big Bead Blaster but I doubt it's this big ~
the last time I needed it , someone had broken it after mixing all the abrasives up , I only had 15 minutes of blasting to do but he's running an Industry Fabrication Shop so I spent a few hours fixing the bead blaster then hand sifting the media into buckets using some screen I found in a corner .

To me this is better than having little used shop equipments lying around ~ I always leave the workplace cleaner than I find it , it's the right thing to do and keeps many doors open to me I'd never get in otherwise .

I think I'll begin by running a wire wheel in my drill motor , see how that cleans off the surface rust and overspray from the cheapo resale paint job this nice old junker had .

I'da bought the cab but the drip rail was rusted through in one area .

As I was working on it , older guys like me kept passing by and shaking their heads , asking me how a clean old work rig like this could have possibly been scrapped .

BTW : don't be thinking my Stepper is anything nice ~ it's a POC to be sure , I just try to to everything the best I can as I like to drive far & wide and want to be able to rely upon it .

Ask the fellas who've seen it , it's an incredible 20' er but up close it's nasty ~ structural rust throughout the cab .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH