The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
WIDESIDE72

"All Girls Garage" 67 glass install

I watched the show intermittently and have never gotten much out of it, but Saturday I learned something about putting the door glass in. They were working on a truck that belongs to the owner of LMC. The truck just came from paint and needed glass, bumpers and grill. Bogi (sp?) installed the door glass by putting the regulator in the door and bolting in all four bolts. She put the one roller on the track in the door, rolled it all the way up with the rollers sticking out, then put the glass/ track on the roller. Rolled the glass down and installed the vent window. I dont thin they put the rear channel in til later either as that is what always gives me grief. (Door glass wont go back far enough to allow vent window to go in.

Friday i installed the ds glass in my 72 project. I installed the rear channel but left the two bottom bolts out of the rear window guide channel, installed the regulator loosely, then put the rollers on with the glass down in the door, but im gonna try their method on my pass side next friday.

They also installed the front and rear glass, pretty much like i have seen it done by precision on youtube, they just had three of them to work on it as opposed to me with no help!
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
JointTech

Re: "All Girls Garage" 67 glass install

I saw it too. A little to much schtick for me but they did make it look easy to replace that back glass. Didnt see them do the front though.
I always used to watch the shows on speed so I just stumbled on the powerblock thing on spike.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
fp1967

Re: "All Girls Garage" 67 glass install

WIDESIDE72, One other tip for you, if you can understand my explanation. When you put the glass on the rollers that are sticking up out of the door, have the window on the outside of the window frame. It seems to give the window a straighter path to get in the door without binding and scratching stuff. Many years ago, before painting one of my trucks, I experimented installing these windows, and this was the method that worked best for me to avoid scratches.
fp1967 is offline   Reply With Quote