The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
rodncustom

1972 Blazer Seat/Seatbelts

New here and to full size Blazer ownership.

I have a 1972 Blazer missing a couple of parts that I'm having a difficult time locating. I have a complete set of original seat belts in great condition so no need to replace them but no mounting hardware. It appears that there are existing threaded bolt holes to mount to but I do not have the correct bolts. Is there a supplier for these? I am looking for this both front and rear. I also can't see where the front seat belt mount. Perhaps under the carpet and holes weren't cut out during restoration?

Also, for the rear seat, it appears from my research that the rear seat should have four total legs going from left to right across the back...and I am missing the two inner legs. I also am missing the bracket that holds down the front of the seat frame to the floor.

Lastly, I have the Bright Blue interior and am missing the arm rests for the back seat. I have found several suppliers of Black ones but no one seems to carry them in the various colors. Do I just buy the Black ones and have them painted?

Thank you.

Mark Murray
rodncustom@hotmail.com
rodncustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
jaros44sr

Re: 1972 Blazer Seat/Seatbelts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodncustom View Post
New here and to full size Blazer ownership.

I have a 1972 Blazer missing a couple of parts that I'm having a difficult time locating. I have a complete set of original seat belts in great condition so no need to replace them but no mounting hardware. It appears that there are existing threaded bolt holes to mount to but I do not have the correct bolts. Is there a supplier for these? I am looking for this both front and rear. I also can't see where the front seat belt mount. Perhaps under the carpet and holes weren't cut out during restoration?

1did you look on the step up that leads to the rear bed floor, thats where the factory mounted the forward seat belts

Also, for the rear seat, it appears from my research that the rear seat should have four total legs going from left to right across the back...and I am missing the two inner legs. I also am missing the bracket that holds down the front of the seat frame to the floor.

2 let me look and see if i still have the legs off of my rear seat

Lastly, I have the Bright Blue interior and am missing the arm rests for the back seat. I have found several suppliers of Black ones but no one seems to carry them in the various colors. Do I just buy the Black ones and have them painted?

3 there is a good supplier of quality interior parts on the board, ill have to get back to you on his name

4 i would recommend that you start hanging out in the parts classified section, lots of good people and parts down there

Thank you.

Mark Murray
rodncustom@hotmail.com
Welcome aboard, we require pics of your truck for our own enjoyment (j/k), but does help us to identify any problems you may have in the future

Also, if you turn blue, you can post up a WTB in the classified section, which will get you a more speedy response, rather then the message board.....sorta frowned on, but youre new, so you will learn the ins and outs around here

Sit back and read, lots of good info going on

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 09-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Chulisohombre

Re: 1972 Blazer Seat/Seatbelts

You should be able to get those parts at lmc truck.com or brotherstrucks.com .try those first. They have detailed breakdown of parts and bolts and where fasteners bolt onto the body. There are I believe 13/16 bolts i believe they are. to the inside and outside of the seat frames for the seat belts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote