The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
vht

Turbo help please

Anyone out there running a ls motor with a single or dual turbo set up? I'm considering a 5.3 or 6.0, stk bottom end, cam change, trk manifolds, with a blow through carb. I'd like some info on turbo recommendations, cold and hot side pipe size, and if a inter cooler is needed. This will be street and strip, in a 51 AD. I want something with some balls yet streetable. From what I've seen, turbo is the way to go. I've seen some running Ebay turbo's with success, is there anything there? I'd like to get a plan together so I can see how much room I have, and try to gather a few parts here and there. I've tried to find out a few things on LS.com but you have to have a Camaro or firebird on there. I'd just like to find out some facts so I don't have to buy something twice, thanks.
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
slowtruck

Re: Turbo help please

Check out ls1tech's forcedinduction section, they have a lot of builds there that are like you are talking about.
Posted via Mobile Device
slowtruck is offline   Reply With Quote