The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

So i got my compressor set up now with an extra 25' of line coming off the compressor and then built a small manifold system with a couple drain valves on the bottom, I also added a filter/water separator on both the front and back of the manifold, then attached my air hose, I now have some dry air! The extra 25' of hose allows the air to cool before it hits the filter/water separator.

Had some fun today cutting the springs, shackles and bolts off the truck, that rubber is some pretty nasty stuff, but i got it done and got one side installed, the other side has just the front bolt installed then had to quit cause it was late and dark.

I found one possible problem, the small stock bracket that sits on the top of the springs looks like its too thin, at least for these U-bolts, the inner corner of the U-bolts hit the springs before they get tight against the bracket. I would like to replace them with something a bit more thick or sturdy, or at a minimum maybe cut a piece of strap to place under it?

I had to cut a few threads off the upper shackle bolt to gain some clearance.

The passenger side mounts seem to be squeezed a little tighter cause i'm having more trouble getting the springs and shackle slipped into place, wish i had a Port-a-Power to open them up a little..

My new jack seems to be great so far too.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote