The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #276
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
True. Ive got a plan to make my own shifting lever. haha and cut a whole in the floor board.. this and some additional red carpet to make the shifter box. instead of a column shifter.. gonna love this once i get Bucket seats.
I actually keep going back and forth on whether to keep bench seats or do bucket seats so I guess we will have to see.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #277
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
I actually keep going back and forth on whether to keep bench seats or do bucket seats so I guess we will have to see.
well decided not to build my own shifter.. think this will be my shifter. black on red is the interior. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lo...80ab/overview/
its all about whether you like to have three or two seats lol, it would be easier with a crew cab
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #278
77ChevySharkBite

It doesn't show a picture. Hm......

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #279
chevybuilder18

Quote:
It doesn't show a picture. Hm......
yea it sucks. but im guessing its anodized
Old 09-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #280
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
yea it sucks. but im guessing its anodized
Cool sounds awesome!!! you already order it?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #281
chevybuilder18

third of this up coming month my friend! and to those following, thank you!! you all been pretty patient! remember... this truck thread wont be done intill i have restored the cosmetics. may take me a year..
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #282
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
third of this up coming month my friend! and to those following, thank you!! you all been pretty patient! remember... this truck thread wont be done intill i have restored the cosmetics. may take me a year..
Nice!!!! Man, don't worry they take long it's part of a project for me I said to hell with a deadline didn't want to disappoint myself so just taking it as it goes. Just makes the finish product tons times better, trust me I still have to get a bed and a lot of other goodies to get so don't be to down on yourself!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #283
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Nice!!!! Man, don't worry they take long it's part of a project for me I said to hell with a deadline didn't want to disappoint myself so just taking it as it goes. Just makes the finish product tons times better, trust me I still have to get a bed and a lot of other goodies to get so don't be to down on yourself!
I beleive im going to get the wheels this spring. !5X10 steelie bowties? or something like 17X10 rims?
Old 09-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #284
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I beleive im going to get the wheels this spring. !5X10 steelie bowties? or something like 17X10 rims?
Man honestly just depends on what your end goal with, if your wanting just a clean stepper that looks original 15x10 steelies all day, but if your wanting to do like a mix of modern with old school, I would say look for something different maybe push 18x8 front 18x10 rear. For me I'm going to 20x8 front 20x10.5 in the rear if I can squeeze them.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #285
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Man honestly just depends on what your end goal with, if your wanting just a clean stepper that looks original 15x10 steelies all day, but if your wanting to do like a mix of modern with old school, I would say look for something different maybe push 18x8 front 18x10 rear. For me I'm going to 20x8 front 20x10.5 in the rear if I can squeeze them.
Ive decided the steelies with bowties so i can have a sleeper kind of look and nostalgic
Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #286
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Ive decided the steelies with bowties so i can have a sleeper kind of look and nostalgic
There you go! Mine is just going to be sleek and loud as hell! You'll hear me coming. I told a buddy he's putting his lexus on air ride bags/coilovers I told him we'll have to roll together but they'll hear me but see you first.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #287
chevybuilder18

Quote:
There you go! Mine is just going to be sleek and loud as hell! You'll hear me coming. I told a buddy he's putting his lexus on air ride bags/coilovers I told him we'll have to roll together but they'll hear me but see you first.
Hell yea, going nostalgic, loud is the goal to but a tamed loud.. since you have the old school 350 i believe its gonna be pulling more than just 300 Hp with a new set of heads. especially if me and you had the same kinda cam. if you listen to my video i had on hear of it running you can hear the back firing from the weak valve springs. the thing is i had to much valve float. a newly built set of heads will have the valve springs you need.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #288
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Hell yea, going nostalgic, loud is the goal to but a tamed loud.. since you have the old school 350 i believe its gonna be pulling more than just 300 Hp with a new set of heads. especially if me and you had the same kinda cam. if you listen to my video i had on hear of it running you can hear the back firing from the weak valve springs. the thing is i had to much valve float. a newly built set of heads will have the valve springs you need.
Yeah buddy, I'm planning for it to be a monster honestly like I said it'll be tame when I want it to be but the moment I hit the pedal it'll go plus planning for a supecharger got to go old school and have a little whine

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #289
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yeah buddy, I'm planning for it to be a monster honestly like I said it'll be tame when I want it to be but the moment I hit the pedal it'll go plus planning for a supecharger got to go old school and have a little whine
your going all out all of a sudden
Old 09-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #290
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
your going all out all of a sudden
Well you build it right the first time, don't worry about again except up keep, truthfully supercharger has always been part of the plan just never really told anyone.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #291
chevybuilder18

a youtube vid of my rod, and update. check it out
Old 10-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #292
77ChevySharkBite

Nice video man!!! Wish I knew more, but hopefully you can come across a powersteering pump and get a steal on the last few goodies you need.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #293
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Well you build it right the first time, don't worry about again except up keep, truthfully supercharger has always been part of the plan just never really told anyone.
didnt know you wanted a supercharged 350. well youll have to get those forged pistons and such... unless you dont over due the boost
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #294
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Nice video man!!! Wish I knew more, but hopefully you can come across a powersteering pump and get a steal on the last few goodies you need.
well considering im getting $200+ this month from my family, as a reward since they seen how far ive come with the truck, they believe now how much it would mean to get this baby running. ill probably have it running in a few weeks at most. but well worth the time and money. if a certain someone didnt make me change my mind about the 5.3 liter then it wouldnt be in the truck.. haha im just like you, im gonna boost my 5.3 liter with a single turbo... hopefully itll be the right kinda boost and not to much.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #295
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
didnt know you wanted a supercharged 350. well youll have to get those forged pistons and such... unless you dont over due the boost
Oh no I'm just doing a mild boost, plus I'm going to be doing a complete rebuild on the motor so it'll handle it I'm only looking at like 6-8psi of boost nothing more than I mean it'll stress the motor but don't want overkill on it you know?

Quote:
well considering im getting $200+ this month from my family, as a reward since they seen how far ive come with the truck, they believe now how much it would mean to get this baby running. ill probably have it running in a few weeks at most. but well worth the time and money. if a certain someone didnt make me change my mind about the 5.3 liter then it wouldnt be in the truck.. haha im just like you, im gonna boost my 5.3 liter with a single turbo... hopefully itll be the right kinda boost and not to much.
That's awesome man glad to hear that! Yeah well those 5.3's can handle quite the boost especially the iron block I mean safely it was me depending on what all you did I wouldn't run it much past 8-10psi on boost. Just play it safe but also have to make sure whoever tunes it knows what there doing.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #296
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Oh no I'm just doing a mild boost, plus I'm going to be doing a complete rebuild on the motor so it'll handle it I'm only looking at like 6-8psi of boost nothing more than I mean it'll stress the motor but don't want overkill on it you know?
i know exactly what you mean and i have a strategy

Quote:
That's awesome man glad to hear that! Yeah well those 5.3's can handle quite the boost especially the iron block I mean safely it was me depending on what all you did I wouldn't run it much past 8-10psi on boost. Just play it safe but also have to make sure whoever tunes it knows what there doing.
Thats the fun part right there. if i could take my time and get a book on EFI computer performance for dummies, id seriously read through it atleast sixty times, buy the equipment and tune the sucker myself. since i have no book... i guess it wont be turboed or tuned out for it atleast for another year by a guy that knows what i want.. hopefully it all goes well and i can run a turbo easily. but since this is a computer controlled engine, literately boosting it wont be a problem
Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #297
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Thats the fun part right there. if i could take my time and get a book on EFI computer performance for dummies, id seriously read through it atleast sixty times, buy the equipment and tune the sucker myself. since i have no book... i guess it wont be turboed or tuned out for it atleast for another year by a guy that knows what i want.. hopefully it all goes well and i can run a turbo easily. but since this is a computer controlled engine, literately boosting it wont be a problem
Well I wouldn't see as far as tuning it being much of an issue should be able to do it yourself regardless but I know it's probably more complicated and having to get the PCM Flashed and all that stuff. Yeah running a turbo will be easy it'll just be all the piping and stuff that's going to cost you money because it's going to have to be done custom.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #298
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Well I wouldn't see as far as tuning it being much of an issue should be able to do it yourself regardless but I know it's probably more complicated and having to get the PCM Flashed and all that stuff. Yeah running a turbo will be easy it'll just be all the piping and stuff that's going to cost you money because it's going to have to be done custom.
That too. but i can have that fabricated to go to a water cooled intercooler, and fabricate the exhaust. but i have a welder friend, just gotta buy the piping, he would gladly fab the beast.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #299
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
That too. but i can have that fabricated to go to a water cooled intercooler, and fabricate the exhaust. but i have a welder friend, just gotta buy the piping, he would gladly fab the beast.
Hey that sounds easy enough to me! of course a lot of things sound easy to me but end up being a bit of a challenge

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #300
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Hey that sounds easy enough to me! of course a lot of things sound easy to me but end up being a bit of a challenge
Your right but thats what gets you motivated into jumping on it, looking for better knowledge, any guy that tells you not to do this and that would most likely already done this stuff on his vehicle or made a mistake... trial and error is the best way to share info and this forum has it... im glad i joined 47-present chevy trucks.. theres more info in this forum on the trucks and theres also nicer people here. go to another site you tell em your plans and you get either judged or ignored..