The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
briank

carpet/ floor mat help

I just picked up another 72 K5, non cst . Has carpet in it (don't think its original, wouldnt you only get carpet in a cst?). Under the carpet is a full front floor mat and a full rear floor mat(factory mats.) The rear full floor mat has leveling mats under it too? Is this how they came? I have a 69 cst k5 with carpeting and only the levelling mats along with another 72 cst with carpet and leveling mats. I also have a plain jane 70 that had the original full front floor mat but no rear (propbably because it has never even had a rear seat, not even bolt holes for it.) They dont repop these rubber mats do they?
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
pound41

Re: carpet/ floor mat help

I don't think OEM looking but I thought I saw mats in LMC
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
briank

Nobody has info on the original carpet or floor liners? Just looking to find out if leveling mats went under the full mats or just under the carpet?
Posted via Mobile Device
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
RLONG

I got full rubber mats for mine at LMC about almost 300.00 4 or 5 years back. These go from front to end of bed in 2 pieces.
RLONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
pound41

I am pretty sure the leveling mats were under both. I owned a blazer with mats and was on the floor installing top etc. Never felt a thing. A few years ago I bought a blazer with carpet. They had removed the leveling mats and my knees sank quick when I got back there to work on the roll bar
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
PDXk5

I have an unrestored 72 Blazer. Got it from my Father-in-law, who was the original purchaser when it was new.

This was a low option Blazer. It came with Rubber floor mat front and back (two bucket front seats and a rear bench). This rig had two leveling mats under the rubber mat for the bed. The leveling mats cover the area in front of the rear seat and behind it (but not under the seat).

The rubber flooring was in bad shape but the leveling mats are in excellent shape. I'm looking for another leveling mat to go under the seat (even if that is not the way it came originally).
PDXk5 is offline   Reply With Quote