The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
K10 STEPSIDE

1967 K10 Step

Alright, so after four years I got the truck on the road and I'm glad to show the progress. This is just an update before the soon to come next project that I'm going need a little help thinking threw but I save that one for another place. One thing I learned from this first build, you can never have to many pictures. I'll start out with the originals and work my way threw the project. More Pictures at http://imgur.com/a/biR0w

I tore it all the way down.

and started back

Transmission and Transfer Case (sm420 T221)

I have most of the main parts lined up to go back on something I really like doing is shrink wrapping parts or putting them in garbage bags after I paint them, so when I pull them off the rack to put them back on they are still just as clean as they were the day after paint.

Had to stop for some Graduation pictures, still had the 1967 front axle in it here, swap for a 79 shortly after this picture.

I had her looking like this by graduation not bad for 3 weeks

Moved the tank to behind the rear axle, and made boxes for speakers and electronics still needed to cut the holes and put on carpet. I running 6in coaxial under the dash, 6in components behind the seats, 2 12in shallows behind the seats with an amp, and another amp for the speakers.

Got the seats in and working on the wiring. Seats are from a 2009 GM truck

I had to change the mounts on the center console to get it to fit right, I have had questions about it in the past and made up this diagram.

I got the front clip on and have it running with a lawnmower tank, no brakes, and no exhaust.

I added power steering and power brakes the booster and master cylinder is from an 04 silverado. Also, used the engine out of a 1979 Chevy

It looks done but I'm still running on a lawnmower tank and no exhaust, have some electrical issues and need to get the wood in the bed.

Make up a simple rear pan to hold the lights and cover the frame. Also need to put on an receiver hitch/licence plate holder.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GLisD4Gh.jpg[/IMG]
Got the wood, gas tank and exhaust done.

Interior is finished up but I still haven't decided what to use for shifter and 4x4 knobs

Got My lights all in, I must say the white setting helps when you are on the side of the road in the dark or loading it on the trailer. I put in the the housing style head lights using new style bulbs and led halos, but I'm not real happy with them. they don't seam very strong and the rings aren't very bright.

Show time

So, what do you think?
I'll be talking to you guys alot over the next couple months, the 350 motor went last month and I need a little help thinking threw the ls swap process.
K10 STEPSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
nbrfd007

Re: 1967 K10 Step

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nbrfd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 AM   #3
StarDust

Well sorry for bringing up a thread from last year up lol but how hard was it to mount the 09 seats in? This is exactly what i want to do to mine (86). My friend has a 08 silverado single cab i just love his seats so i want to swap one of them in mine later on and yours look.exactly like his. How is the seat height, leg room? One concern that i had about them is that the seats are much thicker than my bench seats and the newer style single cabs seem to have more room than ther predecessors
StarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
K10 STEPSIDE

Always glad to talk about the truck. I have an image above that shows the change to the middle seat I made on my truck, but the image is a little small. As far as fit. They are bigger, I am 6'1 and find the fit to be good for me. The biggest issue would come with a larger stock steering wheel being close to your knees. I have a smaller aftermarket wheel.
2002 chevy Impala

Latest Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605308
K10 STEPSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote