The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #76
Pepin

Re: am i not cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Why does everyone get so hung up on what other people do to their own trucks? I love em all, no matter how they were built/rebuilt or just plain original. They are all awesome!

The only thing that drives me nuts is when people call lowering a trend, people have been lowering trucks for decades. Not exactly trend material. Every truck has a purpose, sometimes that purpose is just to be driven, not worked.

I love the look of your truck, I have always been a fan of the monochrome look. The only thing I would change would be some caps on the wheels.
I wasnt trying to start anything...i love how the lowered trucks look too...but browsing the site i noticed that maybe 90% of what i saw was lowered... and i really like the stance my truck has...being in Callifornia and also owning a 64 impala people are always wondering when i am gonna lower it I just say NEVER! LOL!

I was also thinking about caps BUT the rims are actually all different from each other so that might not be an option...
Pepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #77
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin View Post
I wasnt trying to start anything...i love how the lowered trucks look too...but browsing the site i noticed that maybe 90% of what i saw was lowered... and i really like the stance my truck has...being in Callifornia and also owning a 64 impala people are always wondering when i am gonna lower it I just say NEVER! LOL!

I was also thinking about caps BUT the rims are actually all different from each other so that might not be an option...
I didn't think you were. You didn't come off as judgemental

Too bad about the rims, how hard would it be to find a matching set?

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #78
Pepin

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
I didn't think you were. You didn't come off as judgemental

Too bad about the rims, how hard would it be to find a matching set?
ok cool!

I have no idea...I would like to get a maching set in a better rim size...Im still rolling on 16.6" rims...would like something that is easier to get tires for...LOL
Pepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #79
White70C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
I think those Wagon Wheels look cool on that truck...
Thanks! I only have three of them though. If I was restoring the entire truck I'd like to go back to the split rims with the "farm skinnies" bias ply tires, but since this is going to be my daily driver "parts runner" truck, and since I'm leaving the body basically the way it is, I'd kind of like to find some stock looking 16" steel rims and put some all-terrain radials on them.

Plus, the wagon wheels aren't mine. I just borrowed them from my cousin so I could move the truck into my storage shed.

1970 Blue C20 - 250, 4 speed
1985 Ford Thunderbird
2005 Pontiac G6
White70C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #80
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin View Post
ok I see all these really nice trucks on here but i seem to see a trend of dropping them LOW with airbags and all....don't get me wrong they look bad a$$ BUT I kind of like the original height and look of my truck...I want to change rims and clean up the interior a bit but overall i dont want to do too much to it...does anyone else share the same taste as me? or am I alone here? IF not let me see some pics I would love to get ideas...her is my farmers truck LOL...So far bought new tires and removed the Farmers side mirrors.

I never really liked the dropped look but, I just can't stand to see tires with six inches of open space between them and the fender lip either. When I built my truck I used an ECE static 4/6 drop kit then raised the truck back up to stock ride height by switching to 17 inch wheels with 255 60R 17's in front and 285 60R 17's in the rear. Now the tires fill the wheel openings and the truck is still at stock height.
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #81
seafoam68

To each his own I guess, but for me I hate the air bagged "slam" look. I think these trucks were so cool from the factory that I hate to see someone put different model dashes, later model beds and chop the tops. I think the stock height is fine and I think no 4x4 way up high looks better than these trucks. What I have done to mine and my personal fave is a 4.5/5 inch stactic drop. For a two wheel drive I like that look the best.
seafoam68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #82
Rich916

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjet View Post
Every truck on this forum is cool.
Amen to that!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #83
IHeartGroceries

I enjoy the bags and the static slams, but for my personal truck, I'm kind of enjoying the sag of 40+ year old springs. Puts it an inch or so where it sat when new, I imagine.
IHeartGroceries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #84
Ozzy2013

I like the stock look too my 68 will be stock 4wd height when i'm done.Like them any way but to each there own .lol
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #85
rocks409

pepin, Like your truck. I plan on all white for my C20, but , just curious... I see all trucks with color , top and bottom with a white side inset. Has anyone ever done a white truck, top and bottom, with a color side inset??
rocks409 is offline   Reply With Quote