The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2014, 02:40 AM   #1
feedthafire

1969 Built to drive

Ok guys my name is Jordan I am from Colonial Heights, VA I have had my 1969 SWB C10 for the last 10 years, my father purchased for me as my first truck. Well I have lurked this site for years but never posted. Well here I go! When I got it, it was a basic restoration (with some hidden ****ty prepared rust which I would find out in a few years when it bubbles/ cracks out). I then dropped it on cpp spindles with some disc brakes, rear springs, trans cross bar, bearing carrier cross bar/3 link tubular rear from them as well with a aluminum blazer style tank... 1500 miles later CPP thought it would be awesome to release their "modular" spindle which I needed because I would scrape at high speed, this spindle pulled the wheel in and I had my perfect stance. Well 800 miles later I purchased their full control arm set up and sway bar kit. I really enjoyed it, truck handled awesome. very nice set up but I was too low and i was tearing **** up under my truck. So last week I pulled that entire front end off sold it to a friend and now have ordered the Scotts Hot rods IFS front with torsion sway bar, and the booster kit to mount under the cab. I never stopped driving this, I would take this truck down just to put parts on it then I would go back to daily driving it. After 15 cars/trucks nothing makes me happier than driving my C10. Now i will post pics from the beg to where i am now. Stand By for pics, thanks for listening to my story hahaha

Sanderson Roofing and Gutters
feedthafire is offline   Reply With Quote