The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #11
NastyBuzzard

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
I personally like oven cleaner.
Yeah I have never tried it... I should buy stock in how much brake cleaner & purple power I used.

I will definitely try oven cleaner. Any brand in particular?

Also any secrets to removing manifolds without shearing bolts? Also every time I try to remove the little heat deflectors off the manifolds they shear too.

I really need to decide if I am going to try the egr less truck manifolds or bite the bullet and buy LS1 style or TBSS style ones..

Also anything I should definitely replace while I have engine out? Oil pan gasket, rear main seal et cetera. Trying to do things right but I am really on a strict budget at the moment.

I also got to find a way to do the shift kit while I got trans out as well. I have a trans-go HD2 kit laying around.. I have a master rebuild kit for the 4l60e laying around too just don't have the necessary tools to go ahead and rebuild it. Also trying to decide if I want the corvette servo or not... I liked it in my 700r4 thats currently in my truck.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote