The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
jorgensensc

Re: love it or hate it, i need your imput

Ok, here is my completely worthless .02. I think what your struggling with is that your trying to take a design element from a completely different bodystyle and force fit it into this space and truck. What I mean by that is that the cars that these front areas come from have completely different body lines than the truck. They are curvy and fluid, where the truck is boxy and straight. The newer camaro is angular, not quite what are trucks are either. I love the idea of what your proposing. My suggestion is to take a step back, think about what you love about the camaro front end, and incorporate that into your truck. Then you end up with a unique idea that pays homage to the camaro with out directly taking from it. Then it will match the truck the way you want it to. Again,I think this is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
EdSevered

Re: love it or hate it, i need your imput

Do what you will with my .02. First, honestly your truck looks pretty cool as it stands, it just sounds to me like you're looking for that proverbial "cherry on top".

As it stands, only my opinion, while I think you are very close to capturing the Camaro spirit, it still looks a little more Javelin than Camaro. I think that is due to the blocking of the grill before it reaches the headlights and the lack of blocking along the top of the grill. The Camaro grills of 67-69, without the hidden lights, appear to continue behind and past the lights filling that grill space. Almost makes the headlights appear bug-eyed. Or they have no blocking at all, as is the case with some hidden-light models. If you could fab motorized/hidden headlight covers I think that would be over-the-top cool. But simply extending the grill out further adding a little top blocking could be enough to achieve the look. You could also put some smaller round turn signals to the insides of the headlights, like on a '68 and suggested above, this would also help to break up the space and keep that retro Camaro reference.

BTW - I am not entirely sure of the styling particular to the individual years, I had to refresh myself using Google images. So please everyone, no "flames" if I didn't get the details exactly correct.

Best of luck to you, looking forward to seeing more,

-Ed

Last edited by EdSevered; 06-20-2014 at 09:55 AM.
EdSevered is offline   Reply With Quote