The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2004, 12:40 AM   #26
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Wow! Bills truck stop has some pretty cool stuff. I'm assuming that the prices are in Canadian dollars. If you are ordering from the states, which I would be would I have to deal with the same B.S. that you guys have to deal with such as duty taxes, extra shipping charges for shipping outside of Canada.

Thanks for the link HYPERMAN, added to my favorites

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:21 AM   #27
Nelson

Its about the same. I order stuff once when the Canadian dollar was low ($0.65), and after taxes and Brokerage fees,I don't think I saved anything, but I has happy with the product from GMC Paul (rear bumper & accs).

I would hate to think of the hassel if I would occure if I had to return something due to shipping damages.

I've also ordered from BillsTruck in Ontario. He's pretty good too!

Now, with the Canadian dollar being a bit stronger, I'm not sure what to say! Good luck.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:46 AM   #28
grnddwn
belly dragger

I buy all my stuff from Super Service truck parts in Edmonton

www.sstpc.com
grnddwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:50 AM   #29
Hooter
My other Love

I have bought both from the States, and from Canada, sometimes cheaper off Ebay, sometimes cheaper from Canada, all you have to do is just shop around
  • 77 fully loaded silverado (back in the backyard for a little while longer)
  • 1980 BMW 320i (back in the garage finally)
  • 1981 f@*d f150 4x4 (Robert red ford) tried to kill me
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike
Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com AC/DC RULES!!!
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:33 AM   #30
Russell
Professional Grade

Quote:
Originally posted by grnddwn
I buy all my stuff from Super Service truck parts in Edmonton

www.sstpc.com
Does this fella do 73-87 as well?

I'm looking for fenders and bedsides....
Old 01-08-2004, 03:50 AM   #31
WB72
Before and After

I also have bought alot of things from Scotts (as a matter of fact Thousands of dollar$ worth), and all of his stuff is good quality, but I just keep seeing those ads for dirt cheap products. He sticks to his prices, No dickering. Our dollar is much better than usual, I just had the gears turning.

GST is 7%
Shipping is whatever the company wants.
We save 15% on the exchange(The companies have not given us that credit yet)
Is duty 14%?

If that is all, and I am not forgetting anything, I thinkthat it may be cheaper to order direct.

Quote:
Nothing against our good neighbours but it makes sense to keep your dollars in Canada as well.
Money will be kept in Canada, IN MY JEANS. I'm a very big supporter of local communities, but sometimes it is better to keep a little Ca$h to feed the kids.

Thanks for the tips and hints.
66,000 miles.
Alberta, CANADA
WB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #32
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

hmm as the pound is at an eleven year high against the US dollar (something around the $1.80 something to the pound) perhaps it's the right time to go on another shopping spree. Edelbrock performer EPS is beckoning...........

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:01 PM   #33
Canada20

I don't think we pay duty on American made products, it's the brokerage fees that get ya. You can avoid those by using USPS where possible but I don't know if they'll ship the larger stuff.

Greg
Old 01-08-2004, 10:23 PM   #34
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Hey Phil, how did you get a 67 chevy c-10 across the big pond? I was in the UK a few years back and they had plenty of foreign cars, mostly Japanese and German from what I remember. I can't recall if I had seen any American cars though. Anyway, point being that when I was over there it was strange that all of the foreign car models over there are different than in USA. For example: we have the nissan sentra over here and you guys had a car that looked somewhat similar in looks and it had a strange (at least strange to me) name to it that I had never seen. I'll just throw a made up name out there but it was something like a nissan spirit or something. I just thought that that was wierd.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-09-2004, 07:42 AM   #35
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

There is a large American car scene over here, I live in a little town in rural lancashire and just here there is my 67 C10, a 70 Mach 1 mustang, a 67 Impala with a 454, a Nova with a 454, a real timewarp rambler station wagon, a 56 Chevy truck, a couple of Fieros, a couple of Firebirds, a Camaro running 11's and a few others I forget. They tend to come out more in the summer and evenings although mine is a daily driver. There are several massive shows here every year, my local one near Manchester had over 2000 cars last year.

I think that with foreign cars, there are differences in trim and minor things, some of which are down to local law, for example, we don't have mandatory side marker lights here in the UK and your front and rear bumpers tend to be much bigger due to the US crash protection standards. As for the names, they have to change them for local markets as per the Chevy Nova, NoVa meaning doesn't go in spanish, there was a case a couple of years ago with a european manufacturer that shipped a car in a country without checking the name only to find out that it was slang for "someone that pleasures themself sexually!" (you know what I'm saying!) Alot of cars have come over with US airmen stationed here and stayed behind. My old flatmate drove a US spec VW Rabbit (we call them a golf here as you do now) that he bought from a guy based at USAF Greenham Common. I'm not sure how mine came to be in the UK but the area I bought it from (Suffolk) has always had a high concentration of US bases. I've had various British and European classics over the years but have always wanted a pick-up so a couple of years ago I was in a position to get one so I did!

'67 C10 long fleet.

Old 01-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #36
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

The name thing is pretty funny Phil, that makes sense. I forgot that some commonly used words by some cultures mean something completely different in others, LOL.
That's pretty cool that you guys actually have an American car following over there. It's about time we actually started to make the MINI over here. I always thought they were sharp little cars but you rarely ever saw one until they started manufacturing them here a couple of years ago. I first rode in one a few years ago in Poland but this was a much older one, Probably 70's model. I'm 6'3" so you can probably imagine it was a pretty tight fit, but it was cool to ride in one.
Some day I would like to make a trip back to the UK to really check out the car scene over there, and everything else of course. As far as traveling outside North America goes the only other place that I would feel safe in as an American is the UK, if you know what I mean. The anti American sentiment was pretty rough for awhile there but it seems to have cooled down a bit. Still I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-09-2004, 01:43 PM   #37
Jason71k10
ready for reassembly

I bought a pair of front fenders from Church when he had his sale on. They were 99.99 each. sounds far doesn't it.......BUT after all was said and done, it cost me well over $500.00cdn. Which still isn't bad, because Bill(@bill's trucks) charges 250.00 each plus tax(works out to 575.00). So what have we learned? If you can get US stuff a t a great sale price, you'll save a bit.....no sale price, then you'll probably end up paying more for large items like fenders, doors etc. Just my $.02

Jason
Jason71k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #38
Canada20

Spencra: I think the Nissan you're thinking of is a Sunny. I noticed that when I was over there; saw a Sentra hatchback that looked just like the one I owned at the time but it was called a Sunny.

Saw a '73 Mustang cruising a country road not too far from London. MAN! did it ever look huge compared to all the other cars we'd seen up to that point.

Greg
Old 01-09-2004, 02:09 PM   #39
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I guess I'm not alone Canada20. I noticed that too where ever I was in Europe you either drove a MINI or something comparable in size or drove a scooter.
Plus the other thing that stands out about Europe (I don't remember if the UK is the same) is those damned filthy diesel engines. everything runs on diesel. I remember when I went to Italy (inside the major cities) the air quality was so poor that when I blew my nose black snot came out.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-10-2004, 06:19 AM   #40
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Yeah, with fuel at around $5 a gallon in the UK a lot of cars are diesel, my wife has a diesel 01 Cherokee (liberty) Not everybody drives a Mini although it may seem so! I guess we have smaller cars historically as we have a lot of old towns with small roads wheras the US major towns and cities were designed on big expansive grid patterns. As to the pollution, yeah, it can be bad, soot particulates are causing sonme real problems now in cities, although there ain't nothing like a California smog! (except maybe an Athens one where the Greek government only allow you to drive your car every other day. I spent three weeks last summer driving around California, Nevada and Arizona and loved it, the cars are great, my wife had to stop me from taking pictures of junkyards and scrap cars in peoples back yards, fell in love about twenty times with iron I wanted to bring home! The new mini is made by BMW, the old one by Austin/Morris/Austin Rover/Rover Group depending on how old it is. I've actually just dropped my wife of at the airport on her way to Vegas for a big annual company conference, tried to get her to bring me back an Edelbrock Performer manifold in her hand baggage but no go so far!

'67 C10 long fleet.

Old 01-11-2004, 03:50 AM   #41
GMC69

I also ordered from Bill's truck shop. I got my adjutable panhardbar from him. I was gonna get my 4" drop coils for the rear but he didn't carry them.
I may be getting some sheetmetal from him too.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote