The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Ol'_Blue78

Hello

Hey new to the site but not new to forums. I have a question if anyone could answer them, Where can I find a driveshaft slip yoke that accepts a 1330 u joint, 1.5" shaft diameter, 6 3/4" inch from bearing cap center to end of yoke (without dust cap), and is 16 spline? Its been a needle in a haystack search the last week and a half.

Little about my truck. Its a 1978 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton. My dad bought the truck from his boss for $100 when i was about 10 years old with a bad rod knock. Helped my dad pull the engine and rebuild it which was a mild build, stock bottom end, mild cam, aluminum intake, stock heads and a Holley 4 barrel. Drove it like that for quite a few years then a couple valves burnt in the head. This time was a bigger build than before. Had the block machined and bored out to make it a 383, Edelbrock performer series top end (carb, intake, cam), went with the aluminum performer rpm heads. Had a lot of fun with it for a few more years. Then my dad had lost his job two years ago due to the company he worked for going bankrupt and I had a lot of health problems at the time and he sold the truck to help take care of some of the bills. About two months ago though I was able to track it down and buy it back! I don't think I've ever seen a bigger smile on his face (besides giving him his first grandchild). Here's a picture of it from a couple weeks ago, minus the drive shaft. Had a little fun leaving work the one night

Old 07-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
kcsa75

Re: Hello

Hello. Welcome to the forum. You're among friends here.

You must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Ol'_Blue78

Thank you very much! I was looking through a lot of rules and guidelines on here and couldn't find that. Ill take a look at the supporting member and see how much it is.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
G-10Assembly

Welcome to the forum. I am new here also. I did work at the stamping plant that made all the original body parts except the hood and two front fenders in Indianapolis, IN.
The plant looked like this in 1976. We also made all of the seat covers at this stamping plant.

G-10Assembly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
kcsa75

I know a little about Indy. That plant is/was not far from what is now Lucas Oil Stadium, a little ways east. Correct?

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
G-10Assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsa75 View Post
I know a little about Indy. That plant is/was not far from what is now Lucas Oil Stadium, a little ways east. Correct?
The plant which is being demolished as you read this is located less than a mile WEST of Lucas Oil Stadium.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Ol'_Blue78

I have the original build sheet ill have to check tonight if it was from that plant or not.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
G-10Assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'_Blue78 View Post
I have the original build sheet ill have to check tonight if it was from that plant or not.
Our plant was a stamping plant... not an assembly plant. However MOST of your truck body parts came from Indianapolis Stamping.