The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Re: First full build on a college budget

Going to be pretty badass interior when its done nice work. Like the ipad setup as well. That sucks about mono better get better soon so you can get back to the truck. Keep up the good work and have fun as well
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #27
marc70chevy

Can't wait to see the finished product, and your other ideas for the interior/sound system.
marc70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
wwillmon

Thanks guys, i felt a little better today so i went and grabbed some sandpaper, body filler, etc. so hopefully ill get the dash done this weekend. I also realized the bag setup i want to use (accuair) can be used with an ipad, so that should be pretty cool when i get around to that, ill be able to control everything off the dash and then take it out of the truck at shows or whatever and control it from outside the truck.

Sorry its been so slow going but i want to make sure i do it right and how i want the first time, instead of just throwing it back together to have something to drive.
wwillmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
wwillmon

one thing about being sick though is its given me alot of time to read up over at the ls1tech forum. Im thinking of doing an ls swap in to my truck. Not sure what but think an LS1 or something like that would be pretty sweet.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
84GMC15tepside

Hey nice to see someone in college working on a squarebody (or a truck in general...). I'm looking forward to see how your build progresses as well!
Quote:
Sorry its been so slow going but i want to make sure i do it right and how i want the first time, instead of just throwing it back together to have something to drive.
That's how it should be done, take your time and it'll be better in the long run!
Quote:
one thing about being sick though is its given me alot of time to read up over at the ls1tech forum. Im thinking of doing an ls swap in to my truck. Not sure what but think an LS1 or something like that would be pretty sweet.
I've definitely had a hard time with this... I'm tempted to go LS, especially because it would be easy enough with my truck apart. Go with an iron block, they're so much cheaper and basically make just as much power as the LS1 depending on what size block you choose

Last edited by 84GMC15tepside; 08-30-2013 at 10:44 PM.
84GMC15tepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #31
wwillmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84GMC15tepside View Post
Hey nice to see someone in college working on a squarebody (or a truck in general...). I'm looking forward to see how your build progresses as well!

That's how it should be done, take your time and it'll be better in the long run!

I've definitely had a hard time with this... I'm tempted to go LS, especially because it would be easy enough with my truck apart. Go with an iron block, they're so much cheaper and basically make just as much power as the LS1 depending on what size block you choose

Thanks for the reply! Im definitely having a hard time with it, especially since ill have it down to a bare frame, and it would be so easy to put one in. My only concern is the computer tuning, and all that. I feel comftorable messing with a sbc 350, but kind of feel like im in over my head when i start getting into all the efi stuff, but it is so tempting.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #32
84GMC15tepside

Yeah same here but I almost feel like it would be easier to jump into it rather than get bogged up in the details... in the end you're getting a better base to work off of that's more reliable and efficient. I am a little concerned with all the things that need to be done to convert to LS but everyone says it's a piece of cake after you go through it the first time. Every time I think about it I want to do it more...
Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #33
wwillmon

Thanks for the input, wish i had more progress to show you with you goes, but still trying to get over this mono.

But i agree, plus they just look so badass if done right. But exactly what you said is my thinking reliability, efficicency, cool-factor, etc. haha. Ill try to post up some pictures tomorrow hopefully of the dash finished, at least up to the point of paint.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #34
tylervalo

I hate to bump such and old thread, but did you finish the truck? I'd like to see the dash.
tylervalo is offline   Reply With Quote