The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

front brake line questions!!!

hello,
well i will try this again. i am trying to put my brakes back together and cannot remember how things go. i have my front lft & rt lines which meet at the same place where the rear brake line stops. i have a brass tee that i thought went to those three lines now... i have the replacement lines that go from that front area up to the proportioning valve which goes to the mc & booster. can someone please help me??? i have all the lines, but i don't know how all of them come together now. could someone please tell me how to connectthe front lines & rear line to the new lines, & then connect to the two lines that go up to the proportioning valve??? please help me!! i am at your mercy!

thank you & i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!!!

rodstored-72
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:45 AM   #2
cypress TX 72
Saving one 72 at a time!!

Re: front brake line questions!!!

Man,
That is confusing !!!!
First of all, lets start at the m/c, you should have two lines that go down past the frame to the "Tee" on the motor member..
The line that comes from the front of the m/c "the small reservoir" connects to the tee that continues on to the rt and lft front calipers.
then the other line that originates from the back of the m/c "big reservior" should continue to the back of the truck, close to the 3rd member it will change to flex line and continue on to the top of the rear-end. it will tee there and go to the lft and rt break cylinders.
cypress TX 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 AM   #3
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

cypress,
yes i know it is confusing.. i guess i have more lines then normal?? i have three lines that end at the "tee" at the frame (lft & rt front lines & then the line that goes to the back). i have 2 lines that come down from the mc, i guess my first question is where do they connect (to the tee?) do all the lines come together at 1 fitting or does one line couple together to stay as 1 continuous line? i am very confused on this???

thank you for your replies.. please continue to help me.

by the way i hope you won't hold it against me if i say that i used to live in dallas for about ten yrs. i actually worked for lone star gas back before the buy out..

thanks!!

rodstored-72
Old 11-26-2005, 02:44 AM   #4
cypress TX 72
Saving one 72 at a time!!

Yes, at the tee, you have three connections - one that comes from the m/c - #2 that goes to the lft, - #3 goes to the right
the other one that comes from the back reservoir couples to the line that goes to the back of the truck.
I'm going to try and PM you a schematic
TS
cypress TX 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
Bowtie468

Hey Cypress, would you mind posting a schematic here if you can ? I could use a little help also !! Thanks !

Chris
----------------------------------
1979 C10 Silverado Big10 SWB
Factory 454/400
Cardinal Red/Santa Fe Tan (original paint)

1968 C10 SWB Fleetside (Sold)
468BBC MultiPort TPI / Dynamic EFI P4
Black/Black

1963 Nova SS convertible (Sold)
194 I6/ PowerGlide
Bowtie468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #6
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

cypress,

thanks for the pm i have given you a response. i have been under the weather for few days & now i am back from the dead. thanks again for the reply! iam sure that the schematic will help alot as well as your directions. i felt like that for some reason all the lines came together right there.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 AM   #7
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Seems to me that you have it backward here.........The bigger reservior (rear) is for the front brakes and the smaller (front) is for the back brakes.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

i am taking from these responses that the rear brake lines (from mc & the single line from the rear) do not connect with the tee at all?? if this is the case then do i just connect the rear mc line to the single line that goes to the rear with a coupling??

thanks again!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #9
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

The tee is the split in the front circuit. There is no tee in the rear circuit [because it T's at the end of the rubber hose on the rear end]. This picture with labels might help.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #10
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

big sky 71,
that is exactly what i was looking for!!! you.... are the man!
thanks!!!!

hope you have a good week...

rodstored-72
Old 11-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #11
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

I had a hunch that would help. I just crossed this bridge a few weeks ago with the Tee fitting. I tried to install mine with the master cylinder line on the middle fitting of the tee, but it didn't really work. Then I saw a parts truck of a friend and got my answers... Anyway, glad I could help!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #12
bucketseats

any pics of the back lines , how they connect to frame seams that there are different points of connection need a pic of a 1972 c 10 short box set up
bucketseats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
hello,
well i will try this again. i am trying to put my brakes back together and cannot remember how things go. i have my front lft & rt lines which meet at the same place where the rear brake line stops. i have a brass tee that i thought went to those three lines now... i have the replacement lines that go from that front area up to the proportioning valve which goes to the mc & booster. can someone please help me??? i have all the lines, but i don't know how all of them come together now. could someone please tell me how to connectthe front lines & rear line to the new lines, & then connect to the two lines that go up to the proportioning valve??? please help me!! i am at your mercy!

thank you & i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!!!

rodstored-72
After I had stripped my truck was to a bare frame for powdercoating and waited three months for the new suspension pieces I couldn't remember how to route those lines either. Fortunately I had the factory assembly manual. It's all pictures so even I can understand it. With that book I don't need to remember! You can get one from Amazon.com or motorbooks.com for $38.00
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote