The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #51
1968aj

Re: American Autowire

I ordered the same harness yesterday. got 25%off ta classic ind. does anyone know if it comes with a tach harness? anything else needed to install?
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #52
1stchevy

Should come with everything you need and then some to wire your truck.
1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:29 AM   #53
Madspeed

Just for ****s and giggles. If your even thinking Painless THINK again. Ive installed 2 pain in my ass kits due to customers CHEAPNESS. the worst junk ever. Why build a wire harness with but connectors ill never know. I tossed all the connectors in the trash and used factory connectors and re used all the factory plugs. They used 16 g wire to power the blower motor
The next one was an ls swap I did in 06 into a jeep. The customer was convinced the pain in my ass kit would save time and money WRONG looked like **** alternator was wired wrong and when I called tech I spoke with some Hispanic dude couldn't find his ass if he fell on it, I think they let janitors do double duty.

AAW is the ****

My electrical skills FWIW are very high ( not to brag ) I scored 97% in ASE 100% in gm factory electrical school (1 day class big whoop)
At one time I could tell you every color and purpose wire in an old gm from memory
Old 12-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #54
68basket

I just ordered the double crimp tool from this site. Cheapest i found and so far they say it will be free shipping. http://www.powerandsignal.com/Products/Product/12040070

i have found that the smaller single crimps can be done with some of the other snapon and Mac crimpers that i already own. The large double crimp is harder though. Hope it doesnt take forever to get this set of crimpers.
68basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #55
1stchevy

I broke down and just ordered the crimp tools they suggest and sell. I figured they'd probably used other brands and they know what works best.
1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote