The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
specks70

Drive Shaft Length

I was hoping to simply search for this answer but I cannot locate the search feature on this site???!!!
When I purchased my 1970 shortbed stepper a few years ago as a project truck I new I would eventually have to purchase a driveshaft before / upon completion. Well I'm getting very close to that point and I need some help. . .
Motor is a 350 with a TH350 tranny, can I use a single driveshaft? What length would it be? Where would I purchase one?
Thank You for helping
specks70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
tomshortwide69

Re: Drive Shaft Length

1969 swb with 350 turbo truck has been lowered 3in.
59 1/2 center to center
3 in dia. shaft
tomshortwide69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: Drive Shaft Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by specks70 View Post
I was hoping to simply search for this answer but I cannot locate the search feature on this site???!!!
When I purchased my 1970 shortbed stepper a few years ago as a project truck I new I would eventually have to purchase a driveshaft before / upon completion. Well I'm getting very close to that point and I need some help. . .
Motor is a 350 with a TH350 tranny, can I use a single driveshaft? What length would it be? Where would I purchase one?
Thank You for helping
Go here:
http://www.iedls.com/
They have a measuring guide on line and, if you follow it and you can use a measuring tape, you will know exactly how to specify your new driveshaft. Then you can take your measurement sheet to any local shop and have them build it or, better still, just order one from Inland Empire.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote