The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
king-918

Re: Post all your Car Audio needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205harleyman View Post
Kevin, I am probably 45 days out, but trying to figure out what I need in my 1972 K5 blazer. I'm going to cut my dash, and definitely want iPhone hookup for music, maybe cd, 6 1/2 speakers in the floor vent panels, 6x9's in the panels behind doors by rear seat, and either 1 or 2 shallow mount subwoofers in the rear panels. I had though about 1 and then surface mounting an amp in the opposite side where the gas filler is. I'm open to suggestions on brand, pioneer, kenwood, alpine? I just need a pretty good system on a budget. The panels will be covered in leather, and I am going to spray liquid lizard on the panels and floor. Let me know what you think.
Q-logic makes 6.5 panels in the front and someone on this forumakes 6x9 panels in the real but will need to be boxed in to isolate the back wave . As always as for a shallow mount sub I would recommend DD Audio SL. also because of space constraints I would use a 5 channel amp

Oh yeah I'm really a Toyota guy, but had some stuff sitting around.

Oklahoma
king-918 is offline   Reply With Quote