The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
LS Blazer

What are my seats worth?

I have decided not to use the original seats in my build...I know you purists will be mad at me, but since I'm going to drive it every day, I thought shoulder belts would be a good idea.
I have the original wide, metal backed buckets out of the front and the original rear seat from my 1972 K5 CST that have been reupholstered and have not been used since(I think all of the brackets are there, as well). I have had a buddy express some interest in buying them, but he is insistent that I name the price. I want to be fair to both sides. What are they worth?

I also have a chrome glove box door that he wants. If anyone has any ideas on it, I would appreciate that, too.

Thanks!
Attached Images

LS Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
mtully79

Re: What are my seats worth?

I'd say 800 to 1100 for the set, depending on true condition(pics are a little fuzzy).

Good luck!
mtully79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
dubds10
Stalker Nate

I saw 2 sets lately sell $150 & $350. Both were in good condition & complete. I rarely see the seats go too high but they rarely come up also lol Try high & see where it goes. Check ebay for listings also. Do they have the plastic back pieces? Those are hard to find & guys doing resto pay good money for them.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #4
LS Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
I saw 2 sets lately sell $150 & $350. Both were in good condition & complete. I rarely see the seats go too high but they rarely come up also lol Try high & see where it goes. Check ebay for listings also. Do they have the plastic back pieces? Those are hard to find & guys doing resto pay good money for them.

don't think so. the backs are metal. I'm not aware of any plastic on them. I'm also not aware of any plastic that would've been on them or where it would be.
LS Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:12 PM   #5
BIG ORANGE

Those are the utility type seats, I have a set of those, I'm new to the blazer stuff, I have a nice set of buddy bucket and I plan to use them in my blazer.

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
bamachem

Those are the Utility Buckets and I'm pretty sure they weren't original to a CST. Also, there aren't any aftermarket covers made for them. I wouldn't think they're worth anywhere near what a set of Deluxe buckets would bring, but I may be wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
bamachem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:43 AM   #7
Blazerowner

Agreed they are definitely the utility seats. CST seats are the tapered seats and a little more "sporty". I would say a clean set can bring a good price but it all depends on the buyer. As far as those bolting into your cst I have heard that some Blazers had both mounts in the floor. They use a little different tracks so they aren't the same.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #8
1tuff71

OMG !! If I new I could get even half that for my utility buckets I would dump them in a second. I see a set of Pro Car's in my future as soon as I get that $800 for these fat ugly turds that came in my truck. I will say they're comfortable though LOL
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #9
Chulisohombre

I've seen them go for 3-500. But with them redone already I'd ask at least 600.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote