The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
saskman02

Newbie needs help with seat color

Hi all, just got my 67 SWB, small window, 350 / TH350 home a few days ago and am super happy with it so far. I bought it fully restored (frame off resto completed 3 years ago) and the first change that needs to be done is a new seat. But I am having a real dilemma picking a color and type.
The newer style seat with flip down console (out of a newer Suburban) is comfortable but doesn't match the truck. Do you think it would look better recovered in new leather / vinyl? Or should I just go back to standard bench or buckets / console?
As far as color...do I just do a standard black? Black with houndstooth? Or chose a color that more closely resembles the dash color? Carpet color? Exterior gold color?
All opinions welcome!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  45.0 KB

More pics to follow.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
saskman02

Re: Newbie needs help with seat color

Views: 200
Size:  40.9 KB
Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
saskman02

Views: 197
Size:  42.4 KB
Old 07-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #4
KRamsey07

Man thats a beautiful truck... I was looking on here the other day and there was a guy that did seat covers and he did exceptional work.. I think if it was me i would see about if they can cover those and get those seats to look some what period correct and do the highlander option in the color of your dash and white... Just my opinion !!! Again very beautiful truck !!!!!
KRamsey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:42 AM   #5
jocko

Tim at Truckseats on this site is the guy to go to. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=532345
I can't tell if your truck is saddle or anniv gold??
1) Just in case it's gold - here is the stock 68 parchment/gold seat. looks great.
2) Stock Cheyenne trim level saddle vinyl
3) Non-stock Cheyenne Super Custom Cloth (houndstooth) in saddle. This one is in one of Delmo's C10s - saw it in person and it looks incredible in a saddle interior.
4) Since you have to change the seat out anyway, factory buckets are a great option (buddy or perhaps 69-70 (shown) or 71-72s.
5) And if you go buckets, Tim can also do the houndstooth insert on them even though they never came from the factory that way - they look great in a saddle interior.
Just so you know - Buddy Buckets with the center jumpseat would be the "correct" ones for you, but on yours, you can do whatever you like since it's not a resto.

I would not go with black personally. I'd go with #3 all day long for your semi-custom truck, that would look awesome (assuming your truck is saddle and not anniv gold...)
A close second would be buckets. Consider correct buddies in saddle with saddle houndstooth tops. Hmmm.
Great truck you have there - welcome to the forum!
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 07-05-2015 at 02:11 AM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

You will never get that seat to look period correct, or to not make it look like it is eating up all your room. I just don't care for these modern overstuffed seats in these trucks, no matter how comfortable they may be. You just need an original, or later with similar profile, seat and have an upholstery shop make you a saddle seat cover in the pattern on the door panels. Nothing else needs changed and you will have a drop dead gorgeous interior in matching truck

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
cooperhw

I had the same dilemma going on in the truck I am building. Had a new set of seats and the old bench. Just could not wrap my head around the look of new seats in my truck. Open the door and it did not look old truckish to me. So I took my original bench to the upholstery shop to be recovered with a brown distressed looking vinyl (fake leather). He's going to scallop in some bolsters to give it a little side cup look and feel, but it will still "look old truck".
No offense to you or anyone who likes the look of the newer seats.
JMO
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #8
saskman02

Thanks for all the help and the compliments on the truck. I am definitely not a fan of the new look seat in an old truck. The interior / exterior colour is a 2004 GM color, Goldish Beige Effect. I really like the first pic Jocko posted except to have more of a cream color instead of the bright white vinyl / leather.